Wal-Mart Gift Card DM?

I also noted the card was EXTREMELY evasive on what the product actually is. It says nothing about final expense insurance, burial benefit. It leaves a lot open to where ever the recipients mind might go. Talk about the assumptive close. I would love to call on 50 of them and hear the reaction of the people.

My suggestion to someone calling on the lead is this. Only under very extreme circumstance will I leave a message. I might do it after I have called several times (at least a months worth of calls if not more) unless my client asks me to and even then I will try to talk them out of it. That being said, after maybe a week of daily calls if you cant reach them, leave a message saying that you have the mail card in front of you that they sent in offering the gift certificate and you just need some information so that you can take care of that for them. When you get them on the phone give them your pitch on what the product is and pre qual the crap out of them, then set an apt. You might even think about tell them the price range over the phone.You can tell them . ie.. the policy can be a low as X dollars.. is that something you can comfortably afford If they want an actual quote just tell them there a few varying factors and out of respect they should not be talking about that over the phone..

One pre qual question I like to ask is "have you ever looked into (final expense, burial insurance) or what ever you want to call the policy.. most of them will answer yes. Then just ask them flat out "what was the reason or reasons you did not proceed with the policy. The object of the phone call in this case would be to get as much info as you can from them and give as little information over the phone to them... This is just one of MANY ways to handle appointments.. there are other theories but I will not get into those here. I would be happy to answer any questions you would like.. just post here or shoot me an email

There is another whole part of a letter that the card is attached to that explains a little about final expense programs. It isnt just the card they get, they fully understand its an offer for a sales meeting....if they dont understand there are your dumb asses in the group of leads, makes it easier to qualify out, if using deductive logic.:D

Not sure, but imagine the response rate from that DM! Bubba, Junebug, and Earl will be sending in three a piece for those gift cards!

Last year we dropped a few thousand pieces of this card.
The returns were about the same as the E64.
I didn't have anyone ask me for the card except for one lady that I already sold a month prior. Yes, she actually called me asking if it was from us.

Last year we dropped a few thousand pieces of this card.
The returns were about the same as the E64.
I didn't have anyone ask me for the card except for one lady that I already sold a month prior. Yes, she actually called me asking if it was from us.

And you told her no right?:D

I work a similar "incentive" lead that literally says "by cashing this check you are aware that an agent will contact you."

Can't make it much clearer ;)

I'd like a little feed back from guys who use incentive cards like the gift card?I've heard that many agents don't even give the card to non buyers.If a non buyer asks for the card you tell them the office will send in a few weeks. Are agents giving $5 cards to clients who buy?

I'd like a little feed back from guys who use incentive cards like the gift card?I've heard that many agents don't even give the card to non buyers.If a non buyer asks for the card you tell them the office will send in a few weeks. Are agents giving $5 cards to clients who buy?

As Spur said, whatever the agent does is known only by the agent MOST times.

But technically, with that lead the agent is supposed to give EVERYONE their gift card that sends a card back. Not just people you close, or people you have an appointment with. If they mail a card back, they are entitled to the gift card.

That is why so many people stop using them and why some states don't allow an agent use this card.

As Spur said, whatever the agent does is known only by the agent MOST times.

But technically, with that lead the agent is supposed to give EVERYONE their gift card that sends a card back. Not just people you close, or people you have an appointment with. If they mail a card back, they are entitled to the gift card.

That is why so many people stop using them and why some states don't allow an agent use this card.

Some carriers wont allow that card any more either...they consider it a form of rebating and have been slapped.

Back