Walgreens Advertising for Part D--NOW

abcsales

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
How can they do this??
Ad from a national magazine/insert in Sunday's newspaper

Medicare Part D members save up to 75% on prescription copays over select pharmacies.
1. review your part D plan
2 Select your walgreens pharmacy
3 Visit us today.
Switching is easy---stop in to find out how much you can save.

This is a bit misleading to me, I took it as switch your part D at first, although I'm guessing they are saying switch your pharmacy.

Doesn't exactly sound straightforward. I know if I were to put out a misleading ad, CMS would be all over me.

Thoughts??

I recently had a sinus infection and went to get the scripts which my Dr.'s staff erroneously called in to CVS. They wanted $21. for a Part D cough med. Told them no thanks, I'll get one off the rack for half of that. Had them re-call it with the other meds to Winn Dixie near my house. They said it is still $21. but they had some new magic RX program I could sign up for and now it is $4. Then they put $5. on my W/D card that I had to use for groceries. Guessing same deal @ Walgreens. Who paid the diff? Have no idea.

How can they do this??
Ad from a national magazine/insert in Sunday's newspaper

Medicare Part D members save up to 75% on prescription copays over select pharmacies.
1. review your part D plan
2 Select your walgreens pharmacy
3 Visit us today.
Switching is easy---stop in to find out how much you can save.

This is a bit misleading to me, I took it as switch your part D at first, although I'm guessing they are saying switch your pharmacy.

Doesn't exactly sound straightforward. I know if I were to put out a misleading ad, CMS would be all over me.

Thoughts??

I'm thinking they mean switching Pharmacies. I suppose you don't need a scope of appointment to do that either. . .:)

More I think about it, more I think you are right about switching pharmacies. If it was confusing to me, I can only imagine how confusing it would be to a person using part D not familiar with how it works

Feel sure they ll pick up several first health value plus customers, who find out generics are free, and the customer won t realize they can do the same at walmart , but not CVS. Then saving someone 70/more for 10 generics, walgreens will come out smelling like roses

something that we always do is go to medicare.gov and put in their drugs and pharmacy.. and add walgreens to compare where the best deal is for them... it takes a little time but you get referrals saying they saved me $50 a month on my meds... allows you to sell med sups and later opens the door for anything else... the drug plan can be the key to a much bigger sale down the road...

Back