Warning SUSPICIOUS Lead Vendor

The only thing I know of the BBB is that the business pays for membership. They called me constantly to pay them money so I could be a member. Whatever.

I only wish more of us would share our horror stories so we could help the next guy not get burned!

I don't agree with Alston. Search engine traffic is not the best leads. In fact if you type in auto insurance in google. Most of you would probably agree this would be one of the best keywords to have. What do you see? You will see sites like Geico, Progressive, Allstate etc. Big name companies. The websites selling leads to lead websites are most likely marketing phrases such as auto insurance in dallas, cheap auto insurance quotes, best way to shop for auto insurance etc. To put this in prospective the top bidder on Google for its pay per click program pays $30 for the keyword auto insurance. However, I know of other more targeted places in which the top bidder pays more than $280. Don't you think these companies are seeing better results from here? However, the second part of Alson's post seems to be correct. One of the best ways to get leads is via forums like this. Here you can build relationships with others who have the same interest and goals as you. They know how it is to deal with bad or negative leads. Therefore, they will not provide you with false information or leads that are not genuine. The only reason for them offering up a lead is because they most likely can't help them and yet they still want their customer to be in good hands.

Huh? Alstons response was all about internet leads, and something above 1 a month quantity. We all like it when someone directly refers an individual to us, but you'll go broke waiting for this to happen somedays.

I do agree with you that internet leads are a changing landscape. If there was a 'ton of profit' to be made here, everyone would sign up today to do internet leads and quit doing face-to-face. Unfortunately, at least in the P&C world, you have to look at internet leads as an almost break even event, based on growing your book of business, and building your renewal commissions. Then, if you make money upfront, you're happy!

I personally find working internet leads very draining, but, it works for me when I have something else going on, such as a personal growth goal to achieve, or an award that I'm shooting for. It's a way to get a fairly steady flow of prospects. As with all prospects, they are not all real or qualified to do much but waste some time.

I have a personal goal to write 100 policies in the next 2 months. I normally write between 30-35 a month (P&C, not health), so I need to step it up an extra 40 or so. The only 2 ways I know to do this is with telemarketing or internet leads. My success rate with telemarketing is almost 0, where my success rate with internet leads is about 1 in 10, so I know to write an extra 40 policies, I need to buy an extra 400 leads. I could never get this volume via forum referrals. It's hard to get this volume via internet leads, due to market saturation in my area.

On the other hand, I have NEVER had any success buying life leads over the internet. That just doesn't happen. I'm always curious if this is me, or if it's the nature of the business, and from what I can tell, it's a tough business to do via internet leads. I guess I should qualify this, I've sold P&C policies to life leads, but never a life policy to a life internet lead.

Now, what you say about the cost per click is exactly what makes lead vendors seek ways to increase their profitability. It costs so much to get a lead, they have to find a way to sell and resell it, or they go out of business. This is causing all lead vendors to go downhill in my book. You just have to understand this, watch your ROI, and if need be, move on.

Dan

I too have tried Quote Auction and I can tell you the leads that I purchased from them were 99% junk. I make it a point to contact every lead. With the Quote Auction leads when I finally got a hold of the client I would learn that most never requested a health quote and were really freaked out how accurate their personnel information was that I had in my hand. One lady got so many calls for a heath quote that she had on her voicemail" if you are a health insurance agent please do not leave a me a message, I do not need, nor did I ever request a individual health insurance quote.. ect ect ect.... Other leads that I got from them were over a month old which they will not give you credit you for.

Another company I had tried that again sold me 99% junk leads were from United Health Quotes in Golden Colorado. They were magically able to generate me a large number of leads in the most remote areas. The only problem is few if any requested a health insurance quote or they were old leads sold as a fresh lead or they had preexisting conditions which they truthfully put on their lead request, which was mysteriously removed by the time the lead got to my email.

The $3-5$ leads from anyone are a complete was of money.

I have found NetQuote and Insureme to be on the up and up for legit leads, however I have doubts that they only sell to 3-5 agents.

I have had good results with Leadbiz. Other then a bogus phone number or an uninsurable that slips through the filters now and then, there leads are very good.

This is a good forum to get the word out on what companies not to do business with. I hate to see these illegitimate scam companies make money, even off my competitors

DO NOT CLICK ON LEADBIZ.COM. It appears to be a site where the owner makes money when you click on the links.

Gerbear...Do you mean Leadco.biz? If so, I use them. Not a bad outfit. I give them a C+. EVERY lead goes to EHEALTH and filters are putrid. But credit policy is solid.

The company has a lot of issues with their business practices. There has been instances where company kept charging agent cards for leads they never received. take a look the link below.

Complaints.com

They are also listed in the Better Business Bureau and their rating is "C" with numerous complaints. Couple of months ago their rating was "D". They used to have a BBB seal on their website until they had to take it of because of all the complaint have been filed. See BBB rating below.

Company Report

Their main website where leads are generated is "2insure4less.com"

Definitely a shady operation

Last edited:
Back