Washington National and UHL FE

Submitted my first FE apps to Washington National and United Home Life.

The Washington National plan is very competitive when it comes to rates and they say they issue Table 6 standard. Very simple apps with most things only going back two years. However, cancer is a 5 year look back. They do require drugs taken in the past year be listed on the app. When the POS was done, they asked the client about drugs.. They were taking some drugs for a non-malignant intestinal problem that had require about a foot of the colon to be removed a few months ago. They really drilled down about the who, when, what and where about the surgery and the medications even though they problem did not fall under any of the application questions. They do not give an approval at the end of the POS and I thought this is going to be a problem. However, the plan was issued today with immediate benefit as applied. I contracted with them for their Cancer and CI plans but I will probably use them some for their life plans, especially the FE. :)

On the other hand, the UHL application does not ask about drugs and the POS sticks strictly to repeating the questions on the application. They don't give a decision at the end of the POS either but I thought that since there seemed to be no problems, the app would speed right through underwriting. Today, almost a week later, it still does not show up anywhere on the website so I called them. Yes, it has been received but they have not assigned it a file number yet or sent it to underwriting. I asked if this was the normal process and they said no but they had been receiving a "lot of applications and are running behind." I asked when I could expect it to go to underwriting and they said, "we hope to get it there next week".. I am really not happy about their service and absent my coming across a younger person with Insulin Dependent Diabetes, I doubt they will get another app from me. :no:

UHL is bad bad bad, wrote one app, then threw all their stuff in the trash along with MOO and Trans. No POS no appy.

A lot of people would disagree with you on trans.If one fills out the app correctly they're very fast on issuing and paying commish. They're great for the 25% of the population taking depression meds and the 40% of the fatties. I'm starting to like snl as there app is very short and they're easy to deal with. Aetna is great also as is rna.But I do agree trabs app is a pain in the but

If one fills out the app correctly they're very fast on issuing and paying commish.t

My first app with Trans was a royal PITA including an amendment and about 3 weeks of underwriting. I swore them off but then I met a lady with COPD, then a Bi-Polar, then a seriously obese man.

Now, I can fill out their redundant app in no time and get paid in a matter of about 3 days, they pay as soon as the app is approved even before the first back draft.

My first app with Trans was a royal PITA including an amendment and about 3 weeks of underwriting. I swore them off but then I met a lady with COPD, then a Bi-Polar, then a seriously obese man.

Now, I can fill out their redundant app in no time and get paid in a matter of about 3 days, they pay as soon as the app is approved even before the first back draft.

That is not a positive in FE, just another reason I am glad I do not write them. Only company I write that pays on issue is RNA, oh and 5 star but not enough there to matter.

What drove you to the point of only writing POS carriers?

Are you getting a lot of liars?

Buyers are liars....and most of them are just flat out stupid and have bad memories. Ive just had my fair share of dealing with nitwit companies that want to muck up the process on their own, sometimes with no wrong doing of the PI, I just find it safer that "I Know When I Go" where the PI and the policy stands. I sleep better.

Buyers are liars....and most of them are just flat out stupid and have bad memories. Ive just had my fair share of dealing with nitwit companies that want to muck up the process on their own, sometimes with no wrong doing of the PI, I just find it safer that "I Know When I Go" where the PI and the policy stands. I sleep better.

It's funny how each agent conducting business in the same market can do so with different nuances.

I sell the client whatever suits him and me best; if it requires a POS interview, I do it.

But I still get the sweats doing POS interviews for some reason; I prefer to write and roll without a POS assuming it's a bread and butter type case, as I rarely get docked with amendments (although it does happen).

I would say 70% of my business is sent between United Heritage, Transamerica, and 5Star, with the rest being POS carriers.

----------

Your story mimics mine.

I am sick of their moronic underwriters and the entire Business Prevention Department.

They'd require an amendment if the cover page had a coffee stain on it.

I swore them off after they in my mind almost f***ed a big case, due to entirely stupid reasons.

...BUT the following week I submitted 4 cases where Transamerica simply made the most sense due to underwriting issues.

Transamerica -- Can't Live With Them, Can't Live Without Them.

It's funny how each agent conducting business in the same market can do so with different nuances.

I sell the client whatever suits him and me best; if it requires a POS interview, I do it.

But I still get the sweats doing POS interviews for some reason; I prefer to write and roll without a POS assuming it's a bread and butter type case, as I rarely get docked with amendments (although it does happen).

I would say 70% of my business is sent between United Heritage, Transamerica, and 5Star, with the rest being POS carriers.

----------

Your story mimics mine.

I am sick of their moronic underwriters and the entire Business Prevention Department.

They'd require an amendment if the cover page had a coffee stain on it.

I swore them off after they in my mind almost f***ed a big case, due to entirely stupid reasons.

...BUT the following week I submitted 4 cases where Transamerica simply made the most sense due to underwriting issues.

Transamerica -- Can't Live With Them, Can't Live Without Them.

I agree with this, so Ive made a principal decision that I will not deal with ANY carrier that prevents more business than issues business. Most all of the PITA carriers I have thrown in the trash did not have a POS.

Back