Wearable Medigap Plan

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
Checking out the Search & Save Medigap quote engine. I like some things, others, not so much.

They have quite a few options for National (Allstate). Rate classes include . . .

Preferred Select/Wearable/Household/Dual - Select is, I presume, a Select (hospital) Medigap plan, household is probably the discount, dual is Medicaid/Medicare (?) but what the heck is "wearable".

I asked the S&S folks to explain . . . they told me to click the e-app link for more information. That only works if I am appointed with the carrier.

The different rating classes total 12 !!!

At this point I have no plans to get appointed with an unproven carrier but really find their system to be confusing.

Wearable is like a fit bit

The main thing I look for is if they have no depression anxiety meds That is the first discount, I can see if they get a good rate with multible discounts

They have 2 HH discounts one if you just live with someone

and another deeper discount for if both apply, On this one some other carriers are doing this too

The also have a good discount if pay annual

There is more I don't remember all the details on like if under 67 or 68 I forgot which and qualify preferred no increase for a certain amount of years

Yea there is a lot too it but it seems they are only a fit for a fairly healthy person So Far I only wrote one, But it is not a product I go to unless I really feel health wise its a good fit

I do find I have ot go to their site and quote to know where I will end up not easy to guess which quote will be right on CSG

Wearable is like a fit bit

The main thing I look for is if they have no depression anxiety meds That is the first discount, I can see if they get a good rate with multible discounts

They have 2 HH discounts one if you just live with someone

and another deeper discount for if both apply, On this one some other carriers are doing this too

The also have a good discount if pay annual

There is more I don't remember all the details on like if under 67 or 68 I forgot which and qualify preferred no increase for a certain amount of years

Yea there is a lot too it but it seems they are only a fit for a fairly healthy person So Far I only wrote one, But it is not a product I go to unless I really feel health wise its a good fit

I do find I have ot go to their site and quote to know where I will end up not easy to guess which quote will be right on CSG
I'm surprized at how often I see different rates between CSG, Toolkit and Search and Save. Often it just a few cents.

Checking out the Search & Save Medigap quote engine. I like some things, others, not so much.

They have quite a few options for National (Allstate). Rate classes include . . .

Preferred Select/Wearable/Household/Dual - Select is, I presume, a Select (hospital) Medigap plan, household is probably the discount, dual is Medicaid/Medicare (?) but what the heck is "wearable".

I asked the S&S folks to explain . . . they told me to click the e-app link for more information. That only works if I am appointed with the carrier.

The different rating classes total 12 !!!

At this point I have no plans to get appointed with an unproven carrier but really find their system to be confusing.
I'm not seeing Wearable. Must be a Georgia thang.

They don't calculate the HHD, you have to do it yourself, which is a negative.

2 HH discounts one if you just live with someone

One discount for the applicant, another for the other person?

These trick discounts are too much. I know agents will just quote the lowest premium and try to save it once the policy is issued.

I see agents quote carriers that have HH discount (not the two covered person discount) right out of the gate without ever asking if they live with someone, and if that person is considered eligible by the carrier.

Having 12 rating classes is quite a stretch. I can see problems down the road with post-issue underwriting. "Oh, so your trips to the gym are to pick up your spouse?".

if they have no depression anxiety meds That is the first discount,

Underwritten apps, right? Not IEP apps.

One discount for the applicant, another for the other person?

These trick discounts are too much. I know agents will just quote the lowest premium and try to save it once the policy is issued.

I see agents quote carriers that have HH discount (not the two covered person discount) right out of the gate without ever asking if they live with someone, and if that person is considered eligible by the carrier.

Having 12 rating classes is quite a stretch. I can see problems down the road with post-issue underwriting. "Oh, so your trips to the gym are to pick up your spouse?".

Underwritten apps, right? Not IEP apps.

It would be both if both apply for the deeper discount, the other is for if only one person applies I know Cigna is doing this now I think one or 2 others

12 rate class is confusing but on their site its not so, I assume it would start with HH discount if none and if only one applies and if both apply

Then it would be if not anxiety dep meds, then wearable tracker, then if pay annual

Its def to confusing for CSG, This is why I don't bother unless I know I have someone who is healthy and I know I probably would at least get one additional discount

If so On their site its not difficult at all, I just don't waste time unless I know they are a player price wise before hand

I haven't even thought about T65 or Open enrolment I assume the discounts are there but probably not be able to do the anxiety dep one, But who knows I have looked

I do know if one can qualify the anxiety depression discount and is under a certain age. I believe 67 and under but could be 68 would have a certain number of years no increase

It would be both if both apply for the deeper discount, the other is for if only one person applies I know Cigna is doing this now I think one or 2 others

12 rate class is confusing but on their site its not so, I assume it would start with HH discount if none and if only one applies and if both apply

Then it would be if not anxiety dep meds, then wearable tracker, then if pay annual

Its def to confusing for CSG, This is why I don't bother unless I know I have someone who is healthy and I know I probably would at least get one additional discount

If so On their site its not difficult at all, I just don't waste time unless I know they are a player price wise before hand

I haven't even thought about T65 or Open enrolment I assume the discounts are there but probably not be able to do the anxiety dep one, But who knows I have looked

I do know if one can qualify the anxiety depression discount and is under a certain age. I believe 67 and under but could be 68 would have a certain number of years no increase
That's too much to deal with. The simpler, the better for us old guys. :wacko:

Back