Web Sites and Domain Names

Newby, you would be on very thin ice using Forethought without their express permission in writing because the name is a registered trademark. It's asking for trouble. Even if you changed it slightly, e.g.,
"fore-thoughtfuneral.com" or "for-thoughtfuneral.com", it would create confusion and would be illegal. You can, of course. check with Forethought's legal department. When I managed an exclusive Forethought General Agency, we had to use a name other than Forethought.:nah:

I agree. I'm going to just ask them about it.

I had set up sell4forethought.com as a recruiting site to get agents licensed. After about 3 days of the site being live Forethought told us we needed to change the domain name. I have since changed it to Sell4Forethought it did not take them long to find out about it.

I love your idea about halfquote.com. Godaddy has a web designing program called web site tonight. It is perfect for the novice web designer and the cost is low too. I have designed 3 sites with it in the last month feel free to check them out. Leave me comments about your thoughts of the pages.
Sell4Forethought
SellFuneralTrusts.com
Free Burial Insurance Quotes

I had set up sell4forethought.com as a recruiting site to get agents licensed. After about 3 days of the site being live Forethought told us we needed to change the domain name. I have since changed it to Sell4Forethought it did not take them long to find out about it.

I love your idea about halfquote.com. Godaddy has a web designing program called web site tonight. It is perfect for the novice web designer and the cost is low too. I have designed 3 sites with it in the last month feel free to check them out. Leave me comments about your thoughts of the pages.
Sell4Forethought
SellFuneralTrusts.com
Free Burial Insurance Quotes

Those sites look real good. I'm going to have to get back to getting mine created. I have about 5 domains and not a single functioning web site.

I'll check out Godaddy's program. Thanks!

We just started our site Insurance Salesmanship & Marketing Training - The Habitual Salesman - Grant W Davis - because I was getting too many calls about Salesmanship and Marketing tools for Insurance related business. We went with Godaddy to register and the site is hosted by camelback/livesite. So far, no complaints-there are lots of good domains out their, find one that works for you and tie it into your insurance site. I think its something that will work even if you don't spend much on marketing and promoting the site.

Grant Davis
President GDI Insurance

We just started our site Insurance Salesmanship & Marketing Training - The Habitual Salesman - Grant W Davis - because I was getting too many calls about Salesmanship and Marketing tools for Insurance related business. We went with Godaddy to register and the site is hosted by camelback/livesite. So far, no complaints-there are lots of good domains out their, find one that works for you and tie it into your insurance site. I think its something that will work even if you don't spend much on marketing and promoting the site.

Grant Davis
President GDI Insurance

That's a good looking site too Grant. Did you build it yourself? I need to look at GoDaddys tools. I actually enjoy learning how to do things like that but just haven't had the time.

I also have quite a few domains. I tried to set up a site through GoDaddy and didn't get anywhere. I think the problem was my lack of knowledge concerning web design etc...

I would love to be able to find a place that will set up a site for you for about $300.

First of all, Godaddy will create a site for you for less than $300. And you can also just set up a Google website which looks far better than the Godaddy free templates.

Follow here:(click the lower right box for full screen.)

Zoho Show - Public Documents

You can see step by step how to create the site and use your Godaddy account to change the CNAME records.

John

I'll try the Google method again. But I remember when I tried to set up one before, I had trouble setting up the "Quote" page. That is...the page where it has different fields of questions and they submit it for a quote.

Again, it was more my lack of familiarity with this type of thing rather than something wrong with Google's web design program.

The reason you had trouble with the quote page is because you need to insert any code in HTLM editor mode which is the bottom right corner of the Google page.

Back