Website host

1. Hostgator.com They have a website builder software for free. Simple to use. But, if you change your host company, you can not take your website with you.

2. SiteSpinner Pro. $97 but always has a $47 special. Easy to build. Like using a word processor. You own the website and can "publish" it to any hosting service.

With both softwares, you can make changes and upgrade info in a snap.

I have used wix and sitebuilder and weebly

Just a note that sitebuilder is not by default responsive but you can build 2 versions: one for large and one smaller screens. ( at least that happened 2 years ago, I don't know if they changed that).

They are very similar, they offer default templates, some photos royalty free (which are very handy) so it depends on what you want to build.

What about now in 2020, I'm searching for something very simple but that will look at the end very solid, I can pay for that some money it's not a problem at all. Google is full of them and because of so many examples I'm confused.

I use IONOS Web Hosting | Secure Hosting Services for your Website | IONOS by 1&1

Im a big fan and they give very fast load times. Way better than hostgator (my old host). They also offer Professional WP hosting if you are into that. (im not a fan of being restricted on what I can do so I dont use it. But each one limits different aspects.)

Just dont skimp and get the "basic" package with any host. I use the "expert" package with IONOS.

----

I also second WP Engine. It is considered the "best" for WP hosting among the tech world.

It is more expensive than many others, but their speed/service is the best you will find without spending $200+ per month.

IONOS keeps up with WP Engine from a speed aspect. Not as fast, but almost. Ive tested my sites against Rays before (because I know he uses WP Engine). There is apx a 10ms difference in server response time. Which still gives me an A+ rating on server speed tests.

(remember that site speed and server speed are two separate things. server speed helps to make up overall site speed)

Last edited:
Back