Weight Tables

A smoker with hypertension and high cholesterol seeking health insurance is a bit like an alcoholic chugging a fifth of Jack while barreling down the road at 80 and calling State Farm for an auto quote.

Don't get off that horse, stay on it and ride with Jacqueline and me. We need to form a huge posse to turn that trend around.

We are building a restaurant and will be serving a fine dining, healthy menu for lunch and dinner. There will be no fryers in the kitchen. Portions will be reasonable and no "all you can eat" specials, we do not want to attract that kind of customer. Excellent selection of wine and beer only.

Jacqueline and I intend to do our part to try to put people back on track.

Good for you! If you are successful, franchise out here to GA. Lord knows we need it here. I am really not trying to lord it over people but I try to live by example. My husband and I are marathon runners. I do yoga and pilates (even if I really don't feel like it) and try to eat right whenever possible, and we teach our kids the same lifestyle. We are both in our 50s and on no meds.

You have to bite your tongue when you get a client that is pissed because they are declined for coverage because they are 50 lbs over the height weight limit, and that is on the Kaiser charts, which are more than fair in my humble opinion.

We have thought if this health care gig ends about starting a kids' after school program, fun, no pressure, healthy food choices etc. We would have to drastically cut our lifestyle though. Hey maybe my lotto ticket will pay out before I'm dead and we can do that. If that happens I will be more than happy to give a middle finger salute to several insurance companies we have the pleasure of dealing with now.
:no:

50 lbs over the height weight limit, and that is on the Kaiser charts, which are more than fair

I have used Time for "thick" people and on occasion used one of the HCA STM products that did not ask for weight. They finally pulled that product.

Don't get off that horse, stay on it and ride with Jacqueline and me. We need to form a huge posse to turn that trend around.

We are building a restaurant and will be serving a fine dining, healthy menu for lunch and dinner. There will be no fryers in the kitchen. Portions will be reasonable and no "all you can eat" specials, we do not want to attract that kind of customer. Excellent selection of wine and beer only.

What part of the state, Frank?

I hope your food costs are in check. If you are over 35% it will be difficult to make any money on the food sales.

The best way to make a small fortune in the restaurant biz is to start with a large fortune. I speak from experience.

What part of the state, Frank?

We live in and the restaurant will be in Fulton.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I hope your food costs are in check. If you are over 35% it will be difficult to make any money on the food sales.

The best way to make a small fortune in the restaurant biz is to start with a large fortune. I speak from experience.

We know. Jacqueline spent fifteen years running fine dining restaurants in Florida. Our goal is to keep food costs around 30%. That is the figure we are using in planning menus. She is a gourmet cook and knows how to put some awesome dishes together using hamburger helper and peanut butter. haha She will be planning the menu but we have already hired a chef.

The restaurant will seat around fifty + people and we will have a separate meeting room that will accommodate around 70. We will have about 4,000 sq ft total if the contractors ever get it completed.

There is only one other place for meetings, banquets, etc in town and it is old and dingy. We have already started courting people to hold their events at our place. That is where the "big" money is. Once a month we will hold some kind of cultural event to draw people from the two colleges.

It is a huge gamble especially in this economy but we believe will have something so unique to the town that "if we build it, they will come". If not, we may end up living in the barn with the goats. :D

Last edited:
I have owned Bar and small restaurant in the past.

It sounds like your wife has the experience to pull it off.

I wish you the best of luck.

We know. Jacqueline spent fifteen years running fine dining restaurants in Florida. Our goal is to keep food costs around 30%. That is the figure we are using in planning menus. She is a gourmet cook and knows how to put some awesome dishes together using hamburger helper and peanut butter. haha She will be planning the menu but we have already hired a chef.

The restaurant will seat around fifty + people and we will have a separate meeting room that will accommodate around 70. We will have about 4,000 sq ft total if the contractors ever get it completed.

There is only one other place for meetings, banquets, etc in town and it is old and dingy. We have already started courting people to hold their events at our place. That is where the "big" money is. Once a month we will hold some kind of cultural event to draw people from the two colleges.

It is a huge gamble especially in this economy but we believe will have something so unique to the town that "if we build it, they will come". If not, we may end up living in the barn with the goats. :D

</IMG>

Perhaps you can take a cue from Forrest Gump and call the restaurant Bubba Goat.

On the menu you could have . . .

goat stew
goat gumbo
goat kabobs
coconut goat
goat and grits
goat salad
goat creole

Back