What are some good Prelicensing schools?

I am now ready to start my prelicensing training (looking to be a life agent in CA) , but there are no local classes for me to attend in my area. If you know of any good online schools please list them. I am currently looking at examfx.com/.

I am now ready to start my prelicensing training (looking to be a life agent in CA) , but there are no local classes for me to attend in my area. If you know of any good online schools please list them. I am currently looking at examfx.com/.
Thats what I'm using ExamFX. I like it. I purchased the whole deal. The online course, the book and the CD. You can only take the practice exams online, nothing in the book for that only study material in the book which is fine for me. The CD is a generalization of everything which does have some areas that cleared up some things in the book and online I thought were confusing. All in all, I really wanted the book so I can take it with me where ever I go and at home I usually go online. I give it a thumbs up. After you study a chapter you can take a test for that chapter, once you've passed the test for all (7) chapters in the life portion and (8) chapters for the health portion you then take a (102) question test for each life and health. When you pass these then you can print out the certificates and take them to the test center to take the state test. I've already done all this and I'm just going over and over it afew times so I know the material real well before I go take the test. Good luck to you.

Last edited:
52hours.com -- only $99 all online. without them, i would have surely been questionable to pass the state exam, life exam too.

btw, whoever you use, go to the state website and verify they are an approved course provider.

Just wanted to say thanks for the replies. I ended up going with prelicensetraining.com and have now completed about 12 hrs with only 40 more to go!

I suggest Able, Inc. They are an online pre-licensing organization. They may be able to assist you. If I can assist you further, feel free to email me.

btw, whoever you use, go to the state website and verify they are an approved course provider.

Very good information! We have heard many horror stories from our students who have messed this one up in the past.

How did you like your online self-study course from prelicensingtraning.com?

We find that many of our students at AmericasProfessor.com are enjoying the online video lecture concept. The addition of videos seem to really add some extra 'oomph' to students retention of the material, when coupled with a good insurance textbook and questions of course.

It should be interesting to see which directions online insurance education goes in the future.

Hope you passed the exam!

This information are really helpful for the starters. I am just amazed that there a lot of online schools to available. Life of an insurance agent is much easier because of this.

Back