What are the reasons for life insurance on children?

www.afba.com

you cannot get to the page you are inquiring about -- reason why -- i have the rate book -- of course that is why we are agents right?
if you want to email me at [email protected] i can get you set up
and please forgive my typo wl is supposed to be ul -- universal life -- it is by 5star life insurance company -- minimum coverage is 50k and maximum is 500k -- up to 1OOK they are only looking for a statement of health ages 1 - 49 --- ages 1-17 if you wanted any more insurance than that -- special home office approval up to250k

i can also get term insurance 50k for 4 dollars a month for the kids as well 1-17.

my husband is looking to retire very soon -- hopefully if they let him -- he is due for another surgery march 1st on his back -- after this we will wait for his med-board with the military and we will see -- please keep your fingers crossed -- i am anxious to get out of wyoming and move back to ohio!! anyways thru afba our insurance is 26 dollars a month because he is active duty -- for 400k -- i am very thankful !! i know what the rates are for americo, f&g and everyone else...

anyways just email me and ill send you the info

mary

Thanks for your reply.

Actually they already have WL and VUL coverage.

This term for $4.00/mo. What's the period of coverage? I did not think there was term available for children except as rider's to a parent's policy and then only in amounts that are really just final expense policies.

1. maryjd123: "you cannot get to the page you are inquiring about --
reason why -- i have the rate book -- of course that is why we are agents right?"

You mean these rates? http://www.5starima.com/Executive Level rates effective 8-15-05.pdf

2. maryjd123: "please forgive my typo wl is supposed to be ul -- universal life -- it is by 5star life insurance company -- "

I don't see any UL in their product offering http://www.5starima.com/html/products.htm

3. Are you just trying to get your foot in the door with me? or do they have a product for children that is as good a deal as you state you are able to provide a client?

coverage for children

One question -- why is it that i always have to prove myself? and why do i need to get my foot in the door with you? i can send you a brochure so that you can see what i am talking about -- the product i have is supposed to be for military only -- but it can be for non-military -- this is why it is not listed on the website you have directed. -- by 5star..

This is a 5Star Universal Life Insurance Policy with The Armed Forces Benefits Association

and the rates you were directing to --- No I don't mean those rates.

I already explained the product in the earlier post. If you want some info about it I can fax you on Tuesday. Because we are military we have the day off Monday. This is the same product that has open enrollment once a year -- i was able to get the girl with melanoma a 50k policy in October of 06 because of open enrollment -- the only requirement was no declines or anything listed on the MIB -- as long as it was clean i got her a policy -- again they do this once a year at the end of the fiscal year. -- so if anyone really needs insurance you might want to keep my name for later.
she is 24 and she is paying 22 a month for a 50k policy that will never cancel or go down in benefits.
but like i said earlier -- any child ages 2 weeks to 17 can get a 50k policy with a statement of health.

for the term -- you can get a 10yr, 20yr, or 30yr policy - still very cheap compared to other carriers -- minimum is 50k to start

I apologize -- I have to get over the fact that this is a new board. And I have a headache this mornin --

again if you need anything let me know -- I'm normally not so bitchy..

Mary

What is sad is that life insurance, even Term, is denied children born with disabilities such as autism, MR, etc. even though they live as long as anyone else! This is discrimination I think.

Beyond the fact that it's dirt cheap, what are the reasons for people to buy life insurance on children? Please give me some opinions you've heard, whether or not you agree with them (though I welcome comments and opinions).

Assume you buy a policy on a kid at age 3.

At age 10, he develops leukemia.

At least now he has some coverage.

Why buy insurance on children since they aren't making you money generally? How about as a psychological hedge? You are betting on something happening that you don't want to happen for psychological reasons rather than financial ones.

Back