What Are You Doing Differently in 2015?

Bump..........................................
It's good to see what goals from last year were accomplished, and which ones weren't....

Good idea to bump this.

Here's what I've done, approximately:

Personal Production

1) Total personal production in applications around 450; it's a rough estimate but is close.

Agency Goals

1) Exponential production growth - close to a dozen producers producing in excess of $10,000 in annual premium monthly
2) 300% increase in agent interest year-over-year in the Mentorship Program.
3) Close to (if not already) hitting $1,000,000 in production for the year as an agency.

Administrative Goals

1) Revamped website and finishing up through December to be more user-friendly and to rank better.
2) Launched YouTube Final Expense Channel to help agents improve their final expense game. Produced in excess of 100 training videos.
3) Did not create the database system.

Other than that, I'm looking forward to a more productive 2016.

Hope y'all had a great year as I did.

Personal Production Goals:

-Lead flow ramp up to average 35-40 set appointments weekly.
-Minimal late days in the field.
-550 to 650 FE apps submitted.

Agency Goals:

-Increase contracted agents by 150 to 200 percent of 2014 totals.
-Execute regional agent recruitment marketing plan.
-Agency Production goal of 750,000AP.

Internal Goals:

-Completion of new Feagentmentor.com | website, complete with video training on presentations, appointment setting, app training, etc.
-Implementation of a new database to store client and prospect information.

Hope you guys feel like me - 2015 is going to be my best year ever!

My goals for next year:

Increase new Medicare clients from direct response marketing - I have a marketing plan already in place.

I was able to do this. New letters, more letters, more "touches" on drip systems, better copy, better calls to action...etc.

Increase Medicare Referrals.

I also did get more referrals. I changed my SOC campaign and made the campaign more systematic. For instance, after they sign a supp or mapd app, they get the thank you, but they also now get some "keeping in touch" cards along with referral cards and cross-selling cards (i.e., cards and postcards that show "I also offer Final Expense... Cancer Insurance...etc.)

Shift Medicare target market - I do well with T65's. Always have. I rarely lose one to another agent. I've never had problems closing non T65's who get referred to me - but I have had problems with "cold-prospecting" the older crowd. I'm admittedly stubborn in that I won't cold call outside of Ohio, and I can't cold call in Ohio, so I'd like to figure out a way to prospect (other than referrals) in the "overpaying on your supplement" market. So, this year, I want to do some trial and error with some new mail pieces and figure out something that "works" for me. Always open to suggestions...

Not really successful on this one. Better than previous years, but I didn't hit it out of the ballpark. Maybe 2016 :)

Decrease distractions / mistakes - this past year I moved my office twice, my home once, became a landlord, and dabbled in 2 other types of sales in addition to working some T65 and some medicare referrals. At the end of the day, I "made some money," but I need to focus on one goal: 1,000 Medicare clients (I'm still a few years away, but my book grows every month). I also wasted a few thousand dollars and too many hours on some dumb marketing early in 2014...lesson learned. 2015 is my year to Focus.

Didn't wast as much money, but I still think outside the box and want to start multiple companies and multiple streams of income. So, no, I didn't "decrease distractions" but I did become OK with it. I'm more purposeful about creating multiple streams....

Increase cross sales. Simply put, I want to make each new Medicare client more profitable. I don't want to "settle" for Med Supp + PDP or MAPD. I know the percentage of clients who have more than their Medicare with me - in 2015 that percentage will go up. I have a cancer plan that I really like that I know I can cross sell in addition to FE.

Yes, I was able to do this.

Increase "systems" in my business. i.e., an automatic / consistent system for every new customer for retention, referrals, and cross selling. An automatic / consistent system for every lead. An automatic / consistent system for every prospect that I don't close...

Yes. The systems are very, very nice to have in place. Much less stress, and better organization.

Decrease face-to-face appointments. Increase e-apps.

I rarely go out for a face-to-face appointment. Maybe 5 total last year, which was a HUGE improvement. So, yes, success!

Sure - changes I stuck with are in blue above...

Hey there,
I am an agency owner looking to offer opportunities like this in VA.
Under this agreement, do you have to do your own customer service or will the agency take care of that for you?
I was planning on offering no salary, but 80 percent commish and direct appointments plus we take care of phone customer service. May need to rethink my strategy and lower commish a bit based on reading your 50/50. Could you pm me your salary if you don't mind too? Thanks!

Hey there, I am an agency owner looking to offer opportunities like this in VA. Under this agreement, do you have to do your own customer service or will the agency take care of that for you? I was planning on offering no salary, but 80 percent commish and direct appointments plus we take care of phone customer service. May need to rethink my strategy and lower commish a bit based on reading your 50/50. Could you pm me your salary if you don't mind too? Thanks!

Goosehead beat you to this system.... I think they do 80/50.

Back