What Color Suit, Shirt and Tie is Best/acceptable for my Business Card?

Is a Navy blue suit acceptable? Any other color recommendations?

Mid grey to dark including navy or charcoal. Warning: do not wear black during the day or for your pic.

Navy blue suit is perfect. For the shirt try a very light blue color with a wine or plum color tie.

----------

My preference is navy suit with light blue shirt and some type of red patterned tie.

Perfect

Mid grey to dark including navy or charcoal. Warning: do not wear black during the day or for your pic. Navy blue suit is perfect. For the shirt try a very light blue color with a wine or plum color tie. ---------- Perfect ..............

Damm! You made me look and I had a black suit on in my pic. Would I have sold more in my blue suit?

I'm about due for an update anyway. Got more snow on the roof now.

Damm! You made me look and I had a black suit on in my pic. Would I have sold more in my blue suit?

Black during the day is only for funerals. Although some shades of charcoal are so dark they might look black to the eye. You should do an experiment. Take a pic in a mid-grey, dark grey, charcoal, and navy suit. If you have a lighter skin tone, I would go with a very light blue shirt. I would do that anyway especially since a white shirt will look really bright with the flash on. Next time you watch the news, look for anchors that wear white shirts vs light blue. Light blue always looks better because of the lighting. For ties, that is your choice.

If you wear any grey toned suit, you can wear a blue tie. With a navy suit you can wear red or even a grey tie (with a blue shirt). Believe it or not, an orange tie works perfect with a navy suit although it might not be the best choice for your purpose.

I cannot say that you would make more sales but you would certainly look appropriate! Pick up a copy of The Suit: A Machiavellian Approach to Men's Style. It was written by a friend of mine, Michael Anton. I am seriously considering wearing suits in the field.

The Suit: A Machiavellian Approach to Men's Style: Nicholas Antongiavanni: 9780060891862: Amazon.com: Books

http://www.forbes.com/sites/learnvest/2012/04/03/what-your-clothes-say-about-you/

http://www.styleforum.net/atype/5/Styleforum_101

Isn't that what funeral directors wear?

----------

Black during the day is only for funerals. Although some shades of charcoal are so dark they might look black to the eye. You should do an experiment. Take a pic in a mid-grey, dark grey, charcoal, and navy suit. If you have a lighter skin tone, I would go with a very light blue shirt. I would do that anyway especially since a white shirt will look really bright with the flash on. Next time you watch the news, look for anchors that wear white shirts vs light blue. Light blue always looks better because of the lighting. For ties, that is your choice.

If you wear any grey toned suit, you can wear a blue tie. With a navy suit you can wear red or even a grey tie (with a blue shirt). Believe it or not, an orange tie works perfect with a navy suit although it might not be the best choice for your purpose.

I cannot say that you would make more sales but you would certainly look appropriate! Pick up a copy of The Suit: A Machiavellian Approach to Men's Style. It was written by a friend of mine, Michael Anton. I am seriously considering wearing suits in the field.

The Suit: A Machiavellian Approach to Men's Style: Nicholas Antongiavanni: 9780060891862: Amazon.com: Books

What Your Clothes Say About You - Forbes

Primers

Don't see any light blue shirts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCWjo1ymhGs

Back