What do y'all like about Oxford?

I'm considering adding Oxford to my bag as another option when other IMO's won't release and the agent has similar carriers in order to hold them over for a few months. Other than having competitive rates, what do y'all like about them? First couple glances through the app and comparing to my cheat sheet, I'm not seeing many niches. Any of you savvy old vets that like them?

Input is much appreciated!

Very easy e-app with instawrite
Does not check MIB
Approve or Decline app
Decent Agent site
Good marketing material
Normal comp levels
Great Rates, and several good UW Niches

Honestly, you could lead with the product.

I'm considering adding Oxford to my bag as another option when other IMO's won't release and the agent has similar carriers in order to hold them over for a few months. Other than having competitive rates, what do y'all like about them? First couple glances through the app and comparing to my cheat sheet, I'm not seeing many niches. Any of you savvy old vets that like them?

Not sure that this applies to FE but they also have some great annuity rates, depending on the month.

They're really strict with all of their processes on that side so you don't want your "throw it against the wall and see what sticks" agents writing them but I've had good experiences overall.

Not sure that this applies to FE but they also have some great annuity rates, depending on the month.

They're really strict with all of their processes on that side so you don't want your "throw it against the wall and see what sticks" agents writing them but I've had good experiences overall.

Thank you for posting that. It is a useful thought for me, going directly to a question I was looking at a few hours before you posted.

It also leads me to a lot of questions which would get into hijacking the thread if I tried to ask them here. Maybe I need to start another thread about decision criteria for choosing between an Oxford life insurance policy and an Oxford annuity.

Green (old fart) consumer here. Yes. Policy riders.

Looking at single premium whole life.

I started out looking at fully underwritten participating coverage.
Agent said simplified issue whole life might be a better choice to get coverage in place because of possible medical concerns.
Presented 2 illustrations, one of which was Oxford.

I really did not want to buy non-participating whole life, but looked at illustrations. After looking at the Oxford policy riders, I decided to modify the reasons for buying the insurance coverage and continue the purchase process with an Oxford policy.

Among other riders, the Oxford policy has accelerated benefit riders for Nursing Home and Chronic Illness. Up to 75% of the (small) policy face amount I was looking at could be used for those situations with a minimum of $10K being reserved as a death benefit.

(Understanding that the coverage I can afford to purchase would be small in relation to a serious future medical need) That seemed like a nice way to get a combination of money for treatment of future illness and have a small death benefit too.

The competing policy only mentioned Chronic Illness in their accelerated benefits.

In addition, the competing policy seemed only to provide for lump sum accelerated benefit withdrawals. The Oxford policy clearly allows for monthly payments to be set up. This seemed to me to be a very helpful feature for people trying to cope with the serious illness of a family member, they would not also have to worry about how to manage a lump sum of money from the insurance company.

I don't know how the smaller monthly premium policies work, but in my case, for the single premium policy, the Oxford riders-in coverage and structure-encouraged me to add to my vision of how life insurance policy face might be used, and also encouraged me to stretch and increase the amount of money I was going to make available for policy purchase.

There was another interesting feature of the Oxford illustrations. The first five years of the policy showed a declining death benefit in excess of the stated policy death benefit. I don't know if there are some prospect presentation situations where a little extra coverage in the first 2-3 years of the policy would help an agent close the sale.

Back