What do you do to 'justify' your commission?

I've had it come when a call center implied to a lead that they would pay more for using an agent. No, the cost is the same to do whether you work with me locally or "whomever" you get on the phone. The difference is I will know who you are when you call, will they?

In other cases where I am asked I explain that yes there are fee based advisors and they usually work the million plus asset market, but since we're talking a $75 a month premium, I can charge my hourly if you prefer.
;)
Don't really get asked too often,

Well I do believe in Full Disclosure, I really don't see a problem with it? I'm shocked that the more establish companies don't require it? Now if you have a A list client that wants a deal on this Policy there is a way to do it, simply play around with the target premium, while I wouldn't do this for just anyone but if a A list client, one that has brought multiple policies from me I wouldn't blink an eye.

I play the poor guy looking for a little help.
"You can go direct and pay the same rate however I wouldn't receive any credit or get paid, I just had my 3rd kid so obviously I'd rather you'd use me as your agent"

Don't know. I've bought two cars from CarMax and it's a great experience. The car salesmen are not on commission so when I go there to test drive I don't feel like I'm wasting their time. They're also not gonna steer me to the "head crack" car (the car a salesman makes a ton of commish from.)

The lot offers a one week or 1,000 mile exchange policy and because of that reps won't shove you in a car they know won't perform well.

Okay no commission but do they have a quota? That can be worse then working on commission.

I actually WORK for my money and when my client sees me perform for them they know it . If they asked I wouldn't tell
them. When I get super loaded I will probably just tell them
all the expense and hard work it takes to earn a buck. Not to mention it can all be taken away if the policy does not last. Not many people will work at 100% commission. Not many people can go into a profession and finance it on their own and survive the curve against the competition.

Most of the time you deserve at least what you earn.

Back