What happens when you don’t qualify for Medicaid and make too little for obamacare?

she is here in FL, I told her to reapply again, bc if I give her ACA plan, they won’t give a subsidy, and when she does her taxes it seems like they would take her tax return to pay for her insurance .

I might be wrong
they dont make them pay back the tax credit, if they end up making less than they estimated.

I have a client with 2 kids that applied for Medicaid but got denied, and she can’t get a subsidy to get obamacare for cheap bc it says she should be on Medicaid.

do I still sign her up with a low income and if so, when she does her taxes, what happens?

I think it’s silly that they would make her pay everything back in premiums if she makes only 15k a year with 2 kids.

Thoughts?

I have a client with 2 kids that applied for Medicaid but got denied, and she can’t get a subsidy to get obamacare for cheap bc it says she should be on Medicaid.

do I still sign her up with a low income and if so, when she does her taxes, what happens?

I think it’s silly that they would make her pay everything back in premiums if she makes only 15k a year with 2 kids.

Thoughts?

If your client is in Florida, the children should qualify for Healthy Kids or Medicaid. She needs to show that her income has substantially dropped due to the death of her husband. The FL Medicaid application can be confusing for some people to complete, I suggest she file an appeal.

For herself, she should qualify for ACA plan. Again, she will need to demonstrate an income loss.

Back