What industry and why?

I would say life and health. Everyone needs health insurance, especially when they get a little older. Easy to sell, easy to maintain and phenomenal commissions.

FE base w/ Medicare? Isn't Medicare Insurance a one time enrollment period per year?

Medicare Avantage yes. October 15th - December 7th each year. Medicare Supplements can be sold/changed at any time during the year.

Ah but there's the rub. When you are selling to Final Expense people there are ways to generate sales opportunities year-round for MA too. Medicare Supplements definitely have less oversight and can be written all year, but most agents that sell MA only concentrate on the AEP leaving a big opportunity for those of us do.

Ah but there's the rub. When you are selling to Final Expense people there are ways to generate sales opportunities year-round for MA too. Medicare Supplements definitely have less oversight and can be written all year, but most agents that sell MA only concentrate on the AEP leaving a big opportunity for those of us do.
Yeah, I thought Nu was referring to MA, but thought I'd clarify.

As far as those that get help and can change anytime, I'm not up on that since I don't do MA anymore. I did it the 1st 3 years. Then as the coverage got worse and CMS started rolling out their silly rules, I decided that, that sh*t ain't for me. :nah:

I have considered adding Medicare Supp to my business but haven't found out how to go about this. I have done life and annuities for 12 years but for a captive so my knowledge of how to gain clients is limited and I am a fish out of water now that I am independent. I recently added P&C and trying the commercial route but find it extremely difficult as most have strong relationships with their agents and the ones who want to shop are such small premium I am chasing something I don't end up make much money on. I have been running in circles for far too long and it's starting to get me down.

I have considered adding Medicare Supp to my business but haven't found out how to go about this. I have done life and annuities for 12 years but for a captive so my knowledge of how to gain clients is limited and I am a fish out of water now that I am independent. I recently added P&C and trying the commercial route but find it extremely difficult as most have strong relationships with their agents and the ones who want to shop are such small premium I am chasing something I don't end up make much money on. I have been running in circles for far too long and it's starting to get me down.
There are a lot of ways to gain clients. You can buy DM(Direct Mail) or TM(Telemarketed) leads. You can buy a targeted data list and do your own telemarketing, calling the #'s that aren't on the Do Not Call list(about 10% of the list), and cold door knock the rest. Or you can exercse your legs and knuckles and canvass, going up and down the street, knocking on every door(this is the least efficient way to market). Some do seminars. Some generate their own leads off their websites. There are other ways, but this a start.

There are a lot of ways to gain clients. You can buy DM(Direct Mail) or TMTelemarketed) leads. You can buy a targeted data list and do your own telemarketing, calling the #'s that aren't on the Do Not Call list(about 10% of the list), and cold door knock the rest. Or you can exercse your legs and knuckles and canvass, going up and down the street, knocking on every door(this is the least efficient way to market). Some do seminars. Some generate their own leads off their websites. There are other ways, but this a start.

Any suggestions on what sites to purchase leads from? From what I have seen others post about buying leads they were a bust. I would love the P&C to work out because of the ongoing commissions and daytime business but I cant see to get it moving.

Any suggestions on what sites to purchase leads from? From what I have seen others post about buying leads they were a bust. I would love the P&C to work out because of the ongoing commissions and daytime business but I cant see to get it moving.
I've only bought avatars(which are now illegal) and TM(wasn't impressed) a few times, so I'll let others chime in on where to buy leads.

You shouldn't spend much on advertising/buying leads/etc. Buy some leads, door knock, do whatever you have to do to get your first clients. Then invest time (and if you have to, money) in learning how to PROPERLY ask for referrals. When you PROPERLY ask for referrals, you will get plenty if you are doing it right, as do I and many others. Referrals are easier to close, have a higher close rate, easier clients, higher retention, on and on.

Or you can do it the hard way. Up to you.

Back