what is best path to six figures/yr in new insurance career

Calling things "deals" and using terminology like "closing" doesn't mean we don't value and take care of our clients.

I don't think that's the point. Why do you call them "clients" instead of customers, or policyholders?

Such terms as "deals" and "closing" conjure up images of folks being manipulated into buying a vacuum cleaner, used car, or bad securities ala "Boiler Room".

It has to do with mindset.

Our profession has enough bad practitioners and trouble gaining respect and credibility!

I have no doubt that you provide the kind of quality service that you say you do.

Why not respect it by giving it the name that it deserves?

Whether I call my client a "policy holder" or another other term while posting on this board doesn't change how I treat them.

I'd rather have an agent call them all "deals" and treat them right than call them a "policy holder" yet don't write thank you notes, don't stay in contact or when their client's call, just give 'em the number to the carrier.

Point well taken though regarding term usage and perception. Regardless of the terms used, I can get a pretty good idea as to people's motives in this business.

How long have you been in the individual market

Longer than you . . .

And I don't have to include Mega in my resume'.

lost their Assurant MGA status because they were losing 70% of their business, can you imagine?!??!?! Losing 70%!??!?

Would not surprise me.

The not taken rate at many of the call centers is quite high, as is the drop off rate.

Personally, if I could not retain at least 70% over 2 yrs I would throw in the towel. (My retention rate is well above 70% in case you wonder).
I may come off as bold and assertive

Really?

I never would have guessed.

see ya'll (my new friends) soon, yes even you Somarco,

Well I want you to know that made my day.

In a Dirty Harry kind of way . . .

integrity

One of the people I had the pleasure of knowing early on in my career was Frank Nuendel, VP of Group Sales for MONY. He said the ONLY thing we had to sell was integrity.

I took that to heart and never looked back.

I bought one of those Dysons

You know I just gotta ask.

Does it suck?

You know I hate to be a kill joy, but ALL of you are WRONG.

Fastest way to 6 figures is this simple.

Buy or Die clause.

Buy my insurance or I'll F**king shoot you!

Well I want you to know that made my day.

In a Dirty Harry kind of way . . .

Glad to hear it!

One of the people I had the pleasure of knowing early on in my career was Frank Nuendel, VP of Group Sales for MONY. He said the ONLY thing we had to sell was integrity.

I took that to heart and never looked back.

The name of company is Integrity First Consulting Group, Inc.

We're on the same page fellas!!

Back