What is Your Client Data Collection Process?

Elliot Becker

Expert
Hey fellow P&C agents, your favorite Special Agent, Elliot Becker here!

Quick question, how do you handle client data collection? Your client hates insurance and is usually exhausted by question 5, and you still need five more forms filled out. So, what do you do?

Everyone’s got their own process, but let me tell you, The Becker Method™ is where it’s at. Why? Because I’ve turned client data collection into a multi-patented art form (patents pending, of course). Let me break it down:

STEP 1:
The Becker Introduction
I don’t dive in headfirst asking for every little detail. We ease into it—phone, Zoom, maybe even a coffee. We chat about their business, take a peek at current coverage, and decide if we’re starting fresh or building on what they have. It’s laid-back, not an interrogation. (Make sure to remind them that you're a Special Agent. The pronunciation of special is dependent upon your audience. You can learn more about that in my patented Producer development course)

STEP 2:
The Protection Platter
Most clients don’t know what they want, and most agents put this step towards the end. This should be priority numero uno. You have to help them understand what coverages matter, and we get quotes on everything they’re interested in (because quoting costs nada). It’s easy, breezy, and they get to spend more time with their favorite agent, Elliot Becker.

STEP 3:
The Paper Chase
(A.K.A. “Give Us the Goods”)
Filling out forms is the part where most clients tap out. That’s where I step in. I have a patented approach that makes this process a breeze. Once again, available in my patented producer development course, which you can't buy, because I'm pretty sure I can't solicit business on here.. so ... tough luck?

STEP 4:
The Underwriter Roundhouse
Here’s where I shine. Underwriters love The Becker Method™ because I speak their language. I show off how amazing my clients are and get them the best deal possible. It’s like being on Insurance Shark Tank, and trust me—I always get the investment.

STEP 5:
Quotes... uh Big Reveal.. uh something?
When quotes come in, we don’t just hand them off like homework, I hand it to them and remind them they owe me a gift basket for Christmas for the amazing job I've done.

STEP 6:
It’s Never Too Late to Tweak
If something’s missing or doesn’t look right? Don’t worry, we fix it. Maybe the underwriter missed a key detail, or the coverage just isn’t hitting the mark. No biggie. We’ll go back, tweak it, and, hypothetically, of course, remind the underwriter how much they value their loved ones until we get the coverage squared away. It’s all about flexibility, right? Clients stay in control, and if that means we need to apply some gentle persuasion, well, that’s just part of The Becker Method™. 😎

Problem solved, guaranteed.

STEP 7:
Here’s Your Policy, You're Officially Covered
All the bells and whistles: policy in hand, ID cards, certificates..the whole shebang. They get everything they need without a headache.

STEP 8:
Lifetime Membership (A.K.A. “The Becker Experience Never Ends”)
Welcome to the Cult, I mean, Club..Insurance isn’t just a one-and-done deal, folks, oh no, The Becker Experience™ is forever. Once you’re in, we’re basically your ride-or-die for life. New car? New building? Alien invasion? I've got you.

You’re never alone. Ever. Seriously, I'm always watching… your policy needs, that is. ;)

(Don't ever try to leave me)

So, what’s your process? How do you keep clients from burning out? but I’m telling you, The Becker Method™ might just be the upgrade you didn’t know you needed.

If you have any questions about The Becker Method™ or want to hear more about my wild adventures in the insurance world, drop them in the comments below! Let’s swap stories and share tips!

Warm Regards,

Special Agent Elliot Becker

Back