What is Your Number One Way to Generate New Business?

Over the past few years, we've seen technology contribute a lot to an agent's success. Especially the new/ intermediate agent without a large book of business. While more established agents tend to utilize effective, traditional referral techniques; newer agent's are working hard to stay on the cutting edge using seo, sem, lead buys, co-ops to help build their business.

Maybe someone can explain to me how you make money with direct mail.

Let's say you send 2000 pieces out at a cost of $.50 each for a total cost of $1000. If you get a response of .005, your 10 prospects just cost you $100 a piece. Close half, and a converted lead costs $200.

I surely can't afford a $200 converted lead.

Let's say you send 2000 pieces out at a cost of $.50 each for a total cost of $1000. If you get a response of .005, your 10 prospects just cost you $100 a piece. Close half, and a converted lead costs $200.

1) make sure you have a targeted list - very important
2) make sure your mailing has a high impact, defined and targeted message with a call to action - remember WIIFM (what's in it for me)
3) hit that list consistently at least 6 times before you draw any conclusions
4) have multiple ways they can respond to your pitch (phone#, website landing page, email, etc.)

I don't think anyone could make money on that small of a return. If I got less than a 2% response I would not do mailings.

I don't think anyone could make money on that small of a return. If I got less than a 2% response I would not do mailings.

Exactly.

Think about it. Mail houses would NOT be in business if people weren't making money off of them.

Just because some on here have sworn off DM, doesn't mean you have to, it's your business think for yourself.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Have you ever done a mailing, where are you getting your figures?

Last edited:
Back