What Kind of Follow Ups Do You Do with New Clients?

HuntAssuranceGroup

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I am about 3 years into business and I would like to set up a system for client follow up, what do you use? Currently. I send a handwritten thank you note, at 30 days I send over a testimonial form, 90 days I call and check in. I would like to add more products and so how do I go about that? Send in letter, mention on my 90 day call? Thanks on advance.

Sent from my iPad using InsForums

I do phone sales and after the policy gets issued I call and let them know and remind them once again...if you need anything, you got my home office, cell, and email. Call me, whether it be next week or next year. I go so far as to tell them to call me first for any reason before calling the ins. company. I am here for you.

I stress that a lot and do not lose many clients because they know I mean it and when they do call me, I prove it to them.

However, I did try Send Out Cards awhile back but not much support from the gentleman I signed up with so I soon dropped it. Sounded like a good idea for periodic follow ups but he didnt hold my hand thru the process :)

I don't know what most agents do for follow up. On the health side I used to send a welcome packet "welcome to my family of clients" type of thing. Usually included their policy, a couple of pens, magnets And my business card so they would have my contact info and I did the same thing I told them to contact me rather than the carrier. I also send out b/d cards to them as well as Christmas cards and I usually put in a free DVD rental. And if I remember I send out a questionnaire annually to see if they want any other kinds of coverage. But I think really you should call them for that! I'm planning on doing that for all of my clients it's hard keeping up with all the b/d's Is there a better way than manually typing them into your calendar for google?

How would I go about doing that? It does seen to take more time than I want, but I think it is important to keep in front of my clients somehow!

How would I go about doing that? It does seen to take more time than I want, but I think it is important to keep in front of my clients somehow!

Most agents have some sort of management software/crm. There are typically built in email features.

If not you can find one just for emails. Outlook has it.

I do phone sales and after the policy gets issued I call and let them know and remind them once again...if you need anything, you got my home office, cell, and email. Call me, whether it be next week or next year. I go so far as to tell them to call me first for any reason before calling the ins. company. I am here for you.

I stress that a lot and do not lose many clients because they know I mean it and when they do call me, I prove it to them.

However, I did try Send Out Cards awhile back but not much support from the gentleman I signed up with so I soon dropped it. Sounded like a good idea for periodic follow ups but he didnt hold my hand thru the process :)

I know of someone who will hold your hand all the way thru. If you are still interested, let me know, and I can put you in touch with her.

I don't know what most agents do for follow up. On the health side I used to send a welcome packet "welcome to my family of clients" type of thing. Usually included their policy, a couple of pens, magnets And my business card so they would have my contact info and I did the same thing I told them to contact me rather than the carrier. I also send out b/d cards to them as well as Christmas cards and I usually put in a free DVD rental. And if I remember I send out a questionnaire annually to see if they want any other kinds of coverage. But I think really you should call them for that! I'm planning on doing that for all of my clients it's hard keeping up with all the b/d's Is there a better way than manually typing them into your calendar for google?

i use Insightly to manage my reminders , you can set up action items that will automatically remind you to mail birthday, call for thank you. It's an activity series.

----------

Are you L&H only? Or do you sell P&C as well?

L and H only

Back