What Types of Leads Are You Using?

Is that how it works? You just buy a list of names somewhere? If you are selling medicare-related products are they guaranteed to be near 65+?

The big lead vendors do some scoring, but at a high level, yes. They have lists of people who are candidates for the various products they generate leads for and mail to them as needed to generate the DM leads.

Again, just keeping it very basic. There is some work in the list maintenance.

The big lead vendors do some scoring, but at a high level, yes. They have lists of people who are candidates for the various products they generate leads for and mail to them as needed to generate the DM leads.

Again, just keeping it very basic. There is some work in the list maintenance.

Oh I see. So they generate leads through online forms I am assuming? The mail-based leads aren't completely cold?

Any idea what those cost, as a ballpark? Any clue what an "average" conversion is (I'm sure there is a wide margin for "average").

I learned how to PROPERLY ask for referrals about 4 years ago, and haven't advertised since. I'm no genius, but free leads with a high close ratio seemed better than paying money for leads with a low close ratio.

Now this is making more sense.. dude is a P&C guy. That’s a full time job as a business owner, due to the high level of service work.

RMN wants to be a H&L agent, which is entirely different.

To break down cost, and actually be helpful:

You’re looking around 470 for 1000 mailers. You should get a response rate of 1.5 to 3%

So, average, about 20 leads. DM tends to be easier to close than telemarking, so while cost per lead is higher, so is closing ratio and cost per acquisition is lower, meaning ROI is higher.

Video #5 is finally Here: In this video we explore to topic of……

Lead Generation vs Lead Determination

Dude’s not even a licensed agent yet. You’re pitching an after the sale tactic to someone trying to figure out lead generation as a newbie... sigh.

@RMN19, stop.

Here’s what you need to do, in this order:

1) Have a question? Use the search function.

2) Prepare a list of questions to ask a live person (like the IMO you’ve been told about) or get someone off the forum to let you call them.

3) Develop a strategy/business plan. There is no best. It’s what works best for you.

4) Get licensed. Read forum posts, buy a book or two, learn the basics about your market. If you want to do Med Sups, get the free Medicare and you 2020 (2019 is dated in a few weeks) from CMS.

5) Work with IMO to get appointed.

6) Work your plan.

Rinse and repeat.

After you worked 1-6, think about getting referrals.

I learned how to PROPERLY ask for referrals about 4 years ago, and haven't advertised since. I'm no genius, but free leads with a high close ratio seemed better than paying money for leads with a low close ratio.

Oh I see. So they generate leads through online forms I am assuming? The mail-based leads aren't completely cold?

Any idea what those cost, as a ballpark? Any clue what an "average" conversion is (I'm sure there is a wide margin for "average").

Depends on the type of lead vendor, some are direct mail, some are internet.

Check out some sites, see what they cost and what you get for that.

Back