What will 4 years if Harris mean for Insurance?

RickyG

Expert
I was just curious what peoples' thoughts were regarding a Harris presidency and its effects on the insurance industry. I am sure many will argue there is no correlation, but many just as vocal others will think the opposite. Genuinely not trying to start a flame war, I am just curious what the consensus is.

I am commercial p&c here in California. California is one of, and debatably THE most difficult p&c market in the country.

If Harris wins - the market is still a mess for another year or two.
If Trump wins - the market is still a mess for another year or two.
If RFK wins - the market is still a mess for another year or two.

The only difference is, that if Trump wins, I win a bet with my friend, and if Harris wins, then I'm out some cash.

Just my opinion.

Let the arguing and infighting begin.

If Harris wins - the market is still a mess for another year or two.
If Trump wins - the market is still a mess for another year or two.
If RFK wins - the market is still a mess for another year or two.

The only difference is, that if Trump wins, I win a bet with my friend, and if Harris wins, then I'm out some cash.

-------------

So what I hear you saying is, if RFK wins you both get to keep your money. Almost sounds like an endorsement.

I won't vote for an adjudicated Rapist, Fraudster, Felon, or insurrectionist. I can switch careers just fine.

I also won't vote for a Party that is looking to support Christian Nationalism in our government.

Obviously anyone here has the right to vote however they want... However, the Republican Party has failed under Trump, and it will continue to fail under Trump.

Boomers have done nothing but steal from their children and grandchildren in every way possible. But if the system is there, I'm happy to take back some of my money buy offering insurance products to them...

And if I can't, whatever. I'm at the point where I don't work to live in insurance.

PS: There's no infighting or argument for me. I've been around long enough to know no one will change their minds... You have the right to vote how you see fit...

Just like I have the right to enjoy Trump melting down because he's going to lose.

Last edited:
People decry Trump as an insurectionist and then sing the praises of a group that actually succeeded in raising an insurrection. Biden had actally been voted to run for a second term but the Democrat powerbrokers managed to pull a coup and overthrow the "will of the people".
Except they didn't.

You fundamentally do not understand the delegate process. Biden was the presumptive nominee. He knew, like everyone with 5 minutes of research, that delegates officially nominate the candidate at the Convention.

Except in states where law requires it, delegates are not required to vote on the results in primaries. They should vote in good conscience of the electorate that elected them.

Rule 12J

After the first debate, a vast majority of the Democratic Party, felt it was necessary to replace Joe Biden.

Biden pushed back that he was not stepping down. Which was his right. On the Convention night, based on how the delegates felt, they could have replaced Biden... provided it met the rules of the Democratic Party for Pledged Delegates. See above.

Biden was signaling that he was considering stepping down after that debate by polling Harris v Trump. He stepped down when it was clear there was not path to victory, and he was not the nominee.

FYI, people voted for the Biden/Harris ticket. When the President steps down, the VP takes over... so... yeah... you're full of it.

Here's the truth... you're upset that Trump is failing in running against Harris. He is losing and melting down.

You may think that's an insurrection, but that argument is a false equivalent to Jan 6. Biden was not the nominee. Delegates could have voted against him and forced the second vote... which he would have lost when Super Delegates started voting.

No one encouraged a crowd of people to charge the Democratic Convention to stop an official vote. They encouraged Biden to step down because it would cause a major issue at the Convention, which would likely cause the same result.

Trump, et al, encouraged a large group of supporters to march to the Capitol and "fight like hell."

He attempted to submit a fake slate of electors.
He attempted to talk GA Sec of State to "find votes for him."
He attempted to reach out to Doug Doucy to stop him from certifying the election.
He attempted to get Mike Pense to reach outside of his authority to refuse to certify the election.

The insurrection is not JUST one thing. It's a number of illegal actions that Trump and his team attempted to do to overthrow a free and fair election; even if you don't agree it was... there is no proof of widespread fraud that was significant to alter the results.

Trump lost in the Electoral College, the Popular Vote, and the challeges in court. Then he decided he was going to try to keep power regardless of the result. That is a traitor. You are supporting a traitor.

It'd be a nice change of pace if someone of you guys would actually do research on what happened, vs what you think happened... or maybe take an 8th grade Civics class.

Last edited:
Back