What Will You Be Doing During the “gap” Between Thanksgiving and New Year's?

What will you be doing during the “gap” between Thanksgiving and New Year's?

• Working harder.

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Working hard.

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Hardly working.

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters
It's no different than any other time of the year. Personally I don't work the week of Thanksgiving or the time from about 3 days before Christmas thru New Years day. That's just personal preference. When I did work those times I wrote business as usual.

Other than those weeks I still do. I have seen agents over the years that claim that is a bad period for business and they don't do much business during that time. I doubt that's a coincidence.

So many agents use this time as an "excuse" not to work when it's one of the best times to produce. I've tried Christmas cards in the past and received mixed results... don't know if I would hand deliver though as it might be a time killer. ewilkins...you think fruitcake would hurt or help you (hah)? I'm with Blue Marlin - give me a beach, some Buffettand a Kalik and I'm happy i.e. Zac Brown "Toes."

JRoot said:
This "gap" you speak of is in your head. It's never been slow in the life insurance business during this time. Business as usual with more family time mixed in.

Ditto. November, December, and January are usually my best months.

Holidays are easy excuses to say that people are too busy to meet. "They are too busy" "they are out of town" "they are with family" "they are too busy to think about LI" etc. is all just BS.
At the end of the day, its just another excuse not to prospect.

People are in a good mood (for the most part) and thinking about family and end of the year planning as well as sharpening the new years resolution of finally buying some much needed life insurance.
It's a great time to work and you'll find people answering their phones more often too. Just don't say Merry Christmas when you call Abe Cohen.

There is no gap for the hard working. In my experience the "gap" is really a few days not weeks and months. Keep on keeping on. I will be cranking on the site to get finished and people using it through the holidays.

I set meetings to talk to people about tax strategies for the new year. I use the time to find out if they have had life changes that will impact their taxes: home purchase, birth, marriage, divorce. Then I talk to them about the importance of building of tax-free income and discuss their current retirement savings to see if it is a good time to consider an IUL or an annuity. Since I am a believer in home-based businesses, I also encourage them to consider some type of home-based business to bring in side income and help with taxes.

SimplyReborn...are you specifically targeting existing customers or new as well for these meetings? Are you using any unique approaches to initiate or generate these meetings? Kudos to you...I support home-based businesses as well.

Back