What Would Be Good Production for a Single Agent?

Jul 3, 2015

1. plannerman

plannerman Super Genius

State:
    Missouri
    I am wandering everyone's thoughts on this, since I do not have access to other agents production information. What do you think is good enough production to be considered a successful agency if it is a singular agent? Since the first half of the year is over I found this to be a fitting time to ask. I began to focus solely on Medicare this year and through six months we wrote 42 new apps. My goal is to get to 100 by year end and next year goal will be 150. I would think something like this:

Less than 5 years - 50 a year
    5-10. Between 50-100
    10 years plus over 100 a year

Thoughts?

2. kstein

kstein Guru

My goal was 3 new apps a week when I first started in 2006. I believe having a tangible goal helps keep you focused and temper the ups and downs.

I'd say 50 in your first 6 months is a solid start. I would also start to think how you can fill your pipeline for the AEP, ie orphan accounts, spouses/siblings of your 50 clients that came up in conversation. There are so many niches specific to your area that you can maximize, for example maybe a major hospital got dropped from a mapd plan. Try exploiting those opportunities on a local level and you will have success.

Once you get past year 3, you should be in the driver's seat! What part of the country are you in?

3. plannerman

plannerman Super Genius

State:
    Missouri
    I am in Missouri. We have done Medicare for years but this is the first year that I am truly focused on it alone. Obamacare helped me focus haha.

4. kstein

kstein Guru

Nice I'm in Missouri too. Saint Charles area.

5. sman

sman Guru

State:
    Georgia

6. Bevo

Bevo Guru

State:
    Texas
    ================

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  7. finalexpenseguru

finalexpenseguru Super Genius

That's pretty impressive. I have 4 agents in my office doing the same thing (plus myself- selling MedSups over the phone in multiple states). What ages are you soliciting? 65-74? Those numbers she is putting down is really something considering she is brand new. I wonder how many are being placed- approved because the UW is tricky on these unless she is marketing T65 (which would be incredible if she is doing that much OE biz).

8. Bevo

Bevo Guru

State:
    Texas
    =================

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  9. plannerman

plannerman Super Genius

State:
    Missouri
    Those numbers are simply amazing! If she were getting 600 new a year x a crappy $250 per contract per year she is at 150000 in one year! If you have this system I will blow up my agency and come work for you. We spend about 7k a year to get 100 you have to be spending a bunch.

10. axeman462

axeman462 Guru

State:
    Florida
    Good production = enough income to pay your bills and live comfortably.