What Would You Do and How Would You Do It?

You need to find a MGA, or cluster group through which you can obtain appointments with top insurance carriers. I would shop around before I purchased my E&O because each of these clusters are going to have special requirements that you must meet. If you are writing primarily Commercial accounts I would suggest Insurance Noodle, but their are others out there. I hope this helps answer your question.

hey jmatos,

this is averagejoe. thanks for your answer

Im new to the game, im 24 and just grad college in may. my parents put me in an insurance class and i like it. i should be finished and have my license by december.

im going to take all the necessary precautions you know? whether or not i lose the first couple years because of expenses is ok. my parents are not worried.

I heard i need certain computer softwares so that i can find the quotes for clients. is that true?

plus, you said insurance noodle, now how would i go about finding all the insurance carriers? is there a website i can go to? o

thanks for everything

i really appreciate your help

ok maybe i was being vague. Here is the situation:

My parents own a payroll company (been in business 30 years) they have always have thrown workers comp, gl, etc to various third party insurance agency. now from the day i get my 2-20 on, our payroll and my insurance will go hand in hand. you join my parents payroll company you also join my insurance. business is always coming in. thats why i say i have guaranteed business.

im not putting minimum effort into this. im actually devoting all my time into insurance, thats why im here.

so now that should let u know why i say guaranteed business.

so my question, if you were in this situation, where would you go from here? hypothetically speaking that you already obtained your 2-20 license.

we established that I should obtain E & O, correct?

also, insurance carriers, where do i go? how do i get in contact? and how many carriers can I have to open up options for my potential clients?

and anything else that you want to add being that your the teacher and im just the pupil

btw, thanks for takin a look at this. appreciate it

Two things...NEVER do business without E&O. Two: There is no such thing as "guaranteed" business in the insurance business.

Latest posts

Back