What Would You Do? MLM Vs. Staying GA

The big issue with going with a company tied to MLM is client and downline ownership. It's easy to get in but what can you take with you if you decide to leave?

Something else to consider is this. In some companies/organizations the beginning levels are only guidelines. If your a proven producer ask if you have to start at the lower end of the scale?

As I stated once already is read the agent agreement. In MLM it's frowned upon to market amongst other associates not directly within your own team. So getting referrals or even selling other products just might be frowned upon.

As for working with new people and their warm market, that's where the training is done. Here's something else to consider. If you come in at a low commission level there's a good chance you won't earn anything from the business of your new people you bring in.

There's more to consider when bringing in an experienced agent when compared to a green agent.

Silly question: Why don't you recruit to your current contracts and/or get recruiting contracts?

You can get carriers that will advance 9 months on approval at street contracts which are twice the numbers they'd be paying you. You could recruit agents to an 80% contract which would be around twice what they're offering you plus give you two or three times the override.

This sounds like a bad deal for you and a worse deal for anyone you recruit to it. Is there something I'm missing about this offer?

Silly question: Why don't you recruit to your current contracts and/or get recruiting contracts?

You can get carriers that will advance 9 months on approval at street contracts which are twice the numbers they'd be paying you. You could recruit agents to an 80% contract which would be around twice what they're offering you plus give you two or three times the override.

This sounds like a bad deal for you and a worse deal for anyone you recruit to it. Is there something I'm missing about this offer?

dang josh beat me to it.

Take your friends to the recruiting meeting then after out for coffee and tell them that you will pay them 70-80% if they come work for you.

I really do not understand why you would want to mlm it if you can do the same and be better of with out it.

(ok i do understand if you have been to a mlm recruiting meeting as they get you fired up with out thinking about all sides of the coin)

I recently attended a World Financial Group meeting/weekend convention.

This was all I had to read. Stay far far away from them.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
MLM can be a great way to make money.

I think the contracts suck but honestly all
carriers should advance a portion on submission
if there is a check with it.

I use to be at primerica and they did that.
it makes it much easier for new agents
to get started and stay motivated.

If you want to build a big downline...

I think mlm is the right way to go.

If you want to be a big personal producer...

The traditional route is better and pays more.

That is really the fundamental issue.

Wouldn't you agree?

So your question is do I want a client based practice
or do I want a agent/training based practice?

Why doesn't that surprise me ...

Last edited:
Advancing on submission is crack. Crack is bad, need I say more?

You think you on the hamster wheel now, just wait until those advances on submission start charging back when you can't place the business.

You think you on the hamster wheel now, just wait until those advances on submission start charging back when you can't place the business.

In 4 years with Primerica I only had 2 cases chargeback after
submission. I really wish I got paid on submission now.

I left PFS because the products were not competitive
and their highest contract was 95%.

A person is only limited to their own abilities. A person can very well produce and recruit - only after they do good production by learning how to generate leads and sell them. Anyone can do it without some agency taking a hunk of your comm just so you can feel like you belong to a group. Start your own group. You can get over 100% and keep some of what the agents make

No $h!+. Of course getting advanced on a 25-40% contract will not hurt as much as getting charged back on a 110% contract. Why would anyone want advance on submission?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
In 4 years with Primerica I only had 2 cases chargeback after
submission. I really wish I got paid on submission now.

I left PFS because the products were not competitive
and their highest contract was 95%.

Why? You mentioned in another thread that you wrote something $45,000 in AP. And most of it did not stick.

How many people at PFS do you know at 95%? They suck the life out of potential Life Insurance Agents. I can not think of a single reason to work there.

I was just replaced by a new Primerica agent and her handler. I found out when the client called in to cancel the policy. They of course did not submit replacement forms. The policy they placed was highly rated. Less than a week later I find out. I help the client call PFS and Non Take the $165 premium and also replace three other policies she just wrote in the same family/friends circle. The girl calls the client sobbing that she needs her to keep the policy. Does the same with the other three. She and the handler goes to their houses, crying and pleading. No joke, crying.

She has only been licensed since November and is already underwater. That place is a meat grinder. By the time she quits I will be able to buy her client list for a happy meal gift certificate.

BTW, the policy they replaced with the rated 15 year term? A 15 year old participating Whole Life. With a $40 premium. The client is like 60 years old and on disability. Idiots!

Last edited:
Back