What Would You Say on a Med Supp Lead?

"Let me be your Medicare GPS"

or

"I have the road map to guide you through this Medicare Maze"

or

"Don't feel like reading Medicare and You cover to cover? No problem. I can show you the information that pertains to you."

I am going to include toll free number on a mailing to see if anyone would actually call. Who knows?

I've never put my toll free number on there, but have put my cell phone on since it's local. Usually average 1-4 calls per thousand mailers, depending on time of year and county I mail. Those that call know what they are looking for, and are usually quick sales....

Never tried 888 number. Figured I had a better chance at them calling if they saw I was local. Probably should run it both ways to see

I think everyone is looking for a quality lead but I don't think direct mail would work as well with a more direct sales pitch. It would be nice to get 10 leads back out of 1000 that were ready to buy. I doubt you could do any better than that. I think if anyone could do that they would not be sharing it on this forum for free.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I believe direct mail has more to with timing than what the card actually says.

Last edited:
I think everyone is looking for a quality lead but I don't think direct mail would work as well with a more direct sales pitch. It would be nice to get 10 leads back out of 1000 that were ready to buy. I doubt you could do any better than that. I think if anyone could do that they would not be sharing it on this forum for free.

That hands down is the most intelligent thing ever said regarding leads on this site. I always get a kick out of both new and experienced agents coming on here thinking someone is just going to open the kitchen cupboard for them and share all their secrets. Cold calling and cold walking is one thing, but a lead source? That would be crazy.

That hands down is the most intelligent thing ever said regarding leads on this site. I always get a kick out of both new and experienced agents coming on here thinking someone is just going to open the kitchen cupboard for them and share all their secrets. Cold calling and cold walking is one thing, but a lead source? That would be crazy.

WOW, I was under the impression that this forum was agents helping agents. Not agents looking to make money off of other agents, thats what the brokers and ins. companies do, and what so many of the posters complain about on here. There seems to be a lot of posters complaining about lead companies, tele-marketing companies, internet leads, etc., so what is wrong with asking?

I did not ask for anyones "TOP SECRET LEADS" or lead source, I simply asked if you had the means to do your own mailings, what would you like put on them.

So I am still asking; what would you want to put on a med supp direct mail if you could?
I believe direct mail has more to with timing than what the card actually says.

Since I am doing this myself, my per lead cost will be considerably less than purchasing. 1% would be great if they are buyers.

The wording defintely makes a difference, that is why
different leads have higher returns than others. That is the point of this thread.

Last edited:
pbb, you do your own mailings correct? can you share what has worked for you?

honestly, I've called around to direct mail companies and asked for them to email me their ad copy and response rates, then I've just typed it up myself, done the mail merge, and the numbers on response rates are the same whether you do it yourself, or pay a mail house to do it for you....

it doesn't hurt to buy a thousand or two from them, tell them you're impressed with their response rates, and see would like to see what else they have to offer

it's like dating, come on guys!!!! flattery will get you to the goal

How is it going to cost you less by doing it yourself?
Yes the wording definitely effects the return but not necessarily the amount of sales you get.

My cost will be around .31 each @ first. If it works, then I will also get the bulk rate permit, that will drop it down to around .26 each. I wont be dropping a 1000 a week, prob. 400 each week to start. I will have to play with it until it is perfected.

I forgot to mention that I will also be using slave labor (my kids) to cut/fold/seal the mailers.

I am doing this because I can, I have everything I need. I did a drop from Prospect Pro's in March, it worked well w/4.5% return. However, it was the same old tired lead. I recieved a lot of t-65's, MA's, Tricare, so the return was really around 3%. My thinking has always been for years that if a honest lead piece was mailed, the return would be less, but a much higher quality of prospects. I guess I will see soon enough, first mailing will go out end of week.

Back