What's in My Best Interest? Guidance Please

Re: What's in My Best Interest? Guidence Please

You keep asking questions and you keep gettings answers you dont want to hear.

You are INEXPERIENCED and have no one to teach you.

You will do all of your insurance clients a dis-service since you are clueless about insurance.

You wouldnt be able to get any Preferred carriers and if you did, you couldnt meet the "minimum monthly requirements" they want.

You should take the offer to work under the family friend, he probally has all the contracts with the preferred carriers and he will teach you what you need to know.

from the last line in that post of yours, you are an egomaniac who cant work under someone or let someone tell you what to do.

that right there, is a recipe for failure.

I say stick to what you (hopefully) do well and that appears to be mortgages.

P&C insurance is too involved to do part time.

nuff said:no:

Actually, thank you for that. Exactly what i was looking for. Nothing buttered up, straight forward advice. However I am yet to ask the same question.

I will go work for the family friend, learn the business inside and out, and go from there. Just the same way I had to do to be successful with the other companies. The mortgage and real estate are family companies that me and my mom share. I do more of the real estate and am the broker out of there, ,where she does more of the mortgage. Insurance would be my main focus, ,not a part time.

As far as being an egomaniac, you couldn't be more wrong. I have no problem at all working under someone. If i told you that you could have 50k or 100k, would you pick the 50? I agree with you 100% on what you're saying though, I need to go learn the business inside and out before i branch off on my own.

Aside from the personal shots you took at me from behind a computer, I thank you very much for that advice, it was truly what was I was looking for!

look into siaa they are a cluster... they require i think 10,000 and you have to hire an experienced CR...if money is not a problem, that maybe the way to go...

addditionaly, if you can work under the family friend and buy his business in a couple years, that is basically instant success. I would jump on that

addditionaly, if you can work under the family friend and buy his business in a couple years, that is basically instant success. I would jump on that

Thanks a lot, that's exactly what I am going to do. He does have a partner in business though, but atleast I could work out something with his book and part ownership. I sat down with both owners this morning (both around 70 years old), and they mentioned something about me learning the business and taking over in a few years. Thanks for keeping my feet planted on the ground, it seems as if that would be a great route for me to go.

well, You have now clue what you just stumbled up on.....

Lucky Bastard!

haha i know i know! Thanks for everything man

Get appointed with companies that will let you go direct. Then utilize your local wholesaler to help you with case design, and selling the product. If you have the prospects and the relationships with your clients already, then the wholesaler role with many life companies is perfect to take advantage of. Feel free to PM me and depending where you are, I can give you some idea's of direct appointed companies I have used.

+1

I would jump at the opportunity to be in this position. I spent two years looking for a good agency to buy in my area. This is essentially a shortcut to owning a successful agency instead of building one yourself.

Wow BB16- you have a wonderful opportunity to sell mortgage protection! Don't get too bent out of shape, it's a lot easier than most people think because there is so much great training on YouTube. It's a term plan with riders, that's it in a nutshell.

What you really need is a good mortgage protection IMO to show you the ropes. There are a few of those out there and if you learn to sell a few policies in the home from ride alongs, you're golden.

There are dozens of great insurance companies offering mortgage protection like: Foresters, Mutual of Omaha, TransAmerica and a few others. They also have help desks or IMO training available. Don't forget to have a very cheap term plan without all the bells and whistles like Pacific Life, or AIG.

After a few in home presentations from the ride alongs with a pro, you'll be able to explain the plans like a champ. My agents could sell policies in as little as two weeks if they learned their presentation and read the underwriting guide (three times).

One mortgage company in North Carolina had an agent that waited outside until the mortgage paperwork was completed and then he came in an used the conference room to fill out the application, I assure you that agent was busy and even though he was on a 50% split, he made a small fortune

Just a thought... I would ask every single mortgage holder:

" looks like you've been approved for the new mortgage, have you already gotten mortgage protection on this home loan or should we shop for you and have plan available at closing?"

With the book you already have plus new mortgages every year, what a bright future you have!

Thread is over 7 years old.

maxresdefault.jpg

Back