What's my life worth?

Wow! Little said but very true, ruffles the feathers. Sorry guys, didn't mean to splash water on the hens.

When you have trouble defining what's staring you in the face... how in the world do you attempt to define "adequate and reasonable care".

In other words... I don't want you to fix my cpap machine if you don't know how to screw in a light bulb.

(In transparency I don't use a cpap... yet) ;)

The NYT article that accompanies @Ron Van D post expands on the PA argument.

Prior authorization has been around for decades, but doctors say its use has increased in recent years and now rank it as one of the top issues in health care.

To produce the Opinion Video above, we spoke to more than 50 doctors and patients. They shared horror stories about a seemingly trivial process that inflicts enormous pain, on a daily basis. The video also explains how a process that is supposed to save money actually inflates U.S. health care costs while enriching insurance companies.

Somarco, Also consider the source of the report- NYT. Garbage, agenda driven/talking points drivel. Although I don't disagree; PA is a way for insurance companies to delay/deny/reduce care and costs.

Back