What's the best to sell after MA OEP ends?

Al -

Thanks for the psychology lesson. Clearly you have missed your calling. However, while you have made personal attacks about me, I have only made comments about your knowledge of insurance.

One thing still bothers me about the insurance you chose for your wife. (And we have to assume that you love and care about your wife.)

It was simply your lack of knowledge in your chosen profession that kept you from knowing that a Plan F for her would only cost $150. But it couldn't be the cost that bothers you as you have stated many times that you live in a very upscale community, have brokerage accounts, and even have been concerned (and bragged) about keeping a lot of money in Countrywide. You stated that you could buy any suit made, etc., etc. Unless you are completely full of it, we all believe that you are by any standards, upper class.

You have already stated "I've yet to find an MA plan for any price that is as good as an "F" plan." The premium you thought you'd have to pay for Plan F was around $3,000 a year. What kept you from paying this? Was it that you were being "frugal" or do you not worry about access to medical care for your wife? Do you not want what you even admit is the best for your client (your wife)?

I hope this doesn't sound like a personal attack. I'm simply curious about how another professional in the insurance field makes decisions both for his clients and his loved ones.

Rick

Thanks everyone for your replies Medsupps will be my primary and Final expense secondary.I've never sold Medsupps but I have a contract with conseco.I'll try to get a few more incuding Lincoln Heritage see how it goes I'll give you all a feed back.

:cool:peace now,put an end to the:arghh:

SEAN

You have already stated "I've yet to find an MA plan for any price that is as good as an "F" plan." The premium you thought you'd have to pay for Plan F was around $3,000 a year. What kept you from paying this? Was it that you were being "frugal" or do you not worry about access to medical care for your wife? Do you not want what you even admit is the best for your client (your wife)?

I hope this doesn't sound like a personal attack. I'm simply curious about how another professional in the insurance field makes decisions both for his clients and his loved ones.

A fair question, although my gut instinct tells me that that like always you have a mean-spirited motive for asking it.

But I will answer, not that it is really any of your business.

When my wife was eligible for Medicare eight years ago my broker did not give us any info about supplements. I didn't even know there were such things. I don't know if they would have been GI for underage back then.

Sure, we can afford the $3,000 for the sup, but since my wife's medical condition, while still crippling, has not worsened. Thus, the MA plan is adequate. Her pharma bills are her biggest expense and Part D has mitigated that. We've not reached the doughnut hole. Why piss away $3,000+ a year for no reason?

One of the ways I was able to attain a fair-sized asset base by age 60 was by not to listening to insurance agents, stock brokers, and so-called financial advisors who, throughout my life, didn't have MY best interests at heart and who would happily over-sell me products that I didn't need.

Rick do you know anyone who would do that? I bet you do.

Al

Edward Jones?

Really? That has not been my experience with them at all. EJ is a collection of one-person offices and I don't know how much "corporate discipline" they can actually exert over their people. The guy I deal with is quite good in adhering to the EJ "philosophy." In a traditional "wire house" office that has 20 or 30 brokers you have a couple of layers of management who can keep tabs on things (although they usually don't.)

I've found EJ to be very conservative and when they solicit a buy or a sale, they have good fundamentals behind them. But that does not mean that one should blindly follow. If you don't understand how the equities markets work, you have no business being in them... broker or no broker. There are better and less risky ways to create wealth.

Al

Al, really - stick with what works for you, okay? Saying that "Edward Jones is this or that" is applying the Koolaid factor to all the EJ agents out there. Sadly, when you do this, it only makes you sound less knowledgeable and objective.

That said, let's all try to keep to Sean's initial request for recommendations, some of which have been very good.

Best of success to all!

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for your replies Medsupps will be my primary and Final expense secondary.I've never sold Medsupps but I have a contract with conseco.I'll try to get a few more incuding Lincoln Heritage see how it goes I'll give you all a feed back.

:cool:peace now,put an end to the:arghh:

SEAN

I am also in NC.

If you are looking at the H,I or J plan then look at UTA.

If you want a good F plan then look at GALIC.

And as far as Conseco... I would not sell a B+ company that is loosing to much money. Plus the rates are not the best here in NC.

What zip codes do you sell in?

Josh
</IMG></IMG>

Great ! you are in NC.

I work mainly in Guilford,Cumberland,Durham Counties and Charlotte.Lately Pitt, Johnston,Wayne Counties.But mind you I have only sold MA in these Counties I'm yet to find out their Medsupp response.
Travel is not an issue for me If you have other areas. I'll look into United Teachers but what is GALIC ?

Compared to past 2yrs do you think there has been a huge increase in agents in NC 'cos of the economy and most counties have been overworked for MA/Medsupps ?
It's like agents are 10 for a penny suddenly.Are other agents experiencing this in other states? You can tell am not making as much money as I did last year.I'm trying to figure out if its just me or the economy either way that knowlegde will help me rise above the situation.

Thanks

Sean

Great ! you are in NC.
Yep, I am in the Asheville area.

I work mainly in Guilford,Cumberland,Durham Counties and Charlotte.Lately Pitt, Johnston,Wayne Counties.But mind you I have only sold MA in these Counties I'm yet to find out their Medsupp response.
Travel is not an issue for me If you have other areas. I'll look into United Teachers but what is GALIC ?

GALIC= Great American Life Insurance Co.
It is the company I work with.

Compared to past 2yrs do you think there has been a huge increase in agents in NC 'cos of the economy and most counties have been overworked for MA/Medsupps ?
It's like agents are 10 for a penny suddenly.Are other agents experiencing this in other states? You can tell am not making as much money as I did last year.I'm trying to figure out if its just me or the economy either way that knowlegde will help me rise above the situation.

Thanks

Sean

I would say that there are more MA agents now. But that is about it.

Last I heard CMS down in Charlotte did not take any MA plans.
Is that still true?

Josh

Back