What's the best way to ace a Series 6 & 63 in a short ti

Shhh, this is a big secret. It only works if you are decent at taking tests...

Go to audible.com and buy the Series 6 & 63 book (just search for series 6). Download it, put it on your ipod or CD, listen to it several times. It's what's in the book, but I found it easier to listen to than to read. It's also very condensed, a lot of the book garbage isn't there.

Do all of the practice tests you can. This is more important than reading books, cd's, whatever. You'll learn a lot with the practice tests.

Then, always remember the answer. Here is the answer to EVERY question on the test.
Read the question very, very carefully. Reread the question. Read all the answers. Select the one that best protects the consumer. It doesn't matter what the question is, if there is a choice that protects the consumer, it is probably right 95% of the time.

On top of that, just remember you cannot advertise, speak without full disclosure and a prospectus (protect the customer), or highlight anything, and you'll do fine.

Also, you don't need to ACE the test, a score of 75 is the exact right amount of study time. Anything above this, and you spent to much time studying, though it's good to be a little safe on this.

Most (??? not sure what the percentage is) people do not pass on thier first time, though it's simply because they panic, worry to much, don't sleep, or forget the golden rule of protecting the customer. If you keep your wits, you'll pass without to much trouble.

Dan

I did my studying from the books, also the testing CD works well. On the practice CD make sure you are scoring over 90%, which translates to the mid 80 percentile.

Why do you want your 6 & 63? You'll be a slave to the NASD and all of their rediculous amount of reporting.

I ended up taking a class they had to prep for the exams..I am well versed in those exams considering I have a 6, 63, 65, and 7. You think the bs is bad with 6 &63..try the bs with a 7 and 65...I'm dealing with some big problems with a regulation that has been changed regarding fee based brokerage stock accounts...We in the industry have been hope to reverse the ruling because it will eliminate fee-based brokerage accounts for stocks. This really sucks for the investor because now they go from paying a fee per year to paying per transaction...So I'm really busy converting a bunch of my clients accounts....However this does not affect clients with fee-based mutual fund accounts...

Back