Whats the latest with the railroad retirement board and Medicare?

keith365

Super Genius
I'm meeting with a guy who retired from the rail road. He's says that all he's getting from the rrb is part A and B. After reading on the rrb site, it seems that his benefits will be just like any other person turning 65. He will get part A for free and have a premium for part B. But i had read from other posts that he will be offered a plan F through United Healthcare, but at a much higher price? Is that still the case? I don't see anything about a supplement as a benefit on the rrb web site. Thanks for any and all info on this!

I'm meeting with a guy who retired from the rail road. He's says that all he's getting from the rrb is part A and B. After reading on the rrb site, it seems that his benefits will be just like any other person turning 65. He will get part A for free and have a premium for part B. But i had read from other posts that he will be offered a plan F through United Healthcare, but at a much higher price? Is that still the case? I don't see anything about a supplement as a benefit on the rrb web site. Thanks for any and all info on this!
The UHC Supplement is what's offered to them. I've sold several retired Railroaders as they're turning 65. You can give them the same coverage at a much better rate. :yes:

The UHC Supplement is what's offered to them. I've sold several retired Railroaders as they're turning 65. You can give them the same coverage at a much better rate. :yes:

I ran across a woman last week that had a UHC Plan F bc her (deceased) husband worked/retired from RR.

Can I switch her to save her money or are there other benefits she has that would make it smarter for her to stay?

I ran across a woman last week that had a UHC Plan F bc her (deceased) husband worked/retired from RR.

Can I switch her to save her money or are there other benefits she has that would make it smarter for her to stay?
Go ahead and switch her. The last one I wrote, the guy's wife turned 65 a year before he did. She took the UHC Plan F. He tried to get her to go with me(Plan G), but since they're getting divorced, she didn't listen to him. :no:

She remembers me from High School. I wonder if that's why she won't switch with me? :twitchy:

Latest posts

Back