When to study out HSA options???

Efficient Frontier

Begin with Four Pillars. There are discussions that make taxable vs nontaxable moot. Better to expend your effort understanding portfolio construction and controlling expenses.

There are inheritance/transfer benefits to a Roth. That info is all over the web.

Thank you. My poetry skills are not much better than my math skills, but I will work on getting a paper copy and getting through it. ( I came up with an electronic copy and have scanned a little bit at the back of the book and gotten stuck on a couple of things. I need to have paper in my hand and go more slowly starting at the front. )

Eventually look up "mean variance portfolio optimization" for an understanding. You can't really choose the "best" portfolio composition because our estimation of the inputs changes between using the WAG method and the SWAG method. You can understand that asset class and expenses are what you control and you can understand how correlated they are - or are not. Computers have progressed to the point of being able to crunch the numbers which can give you an understanding of what effects changes to your ass/u/mptions has.

Do you have any basic or introductory level comments about rebalancing which would be appropriate here?
Thanks.

Back