Where does this guy get insurance in Texas?

The diabetes would kill him. If you lost weight and therefore came off the HBP meds it would be at least one full year. However, even if the doctor said he wasn't diabetic you'd be looking at least 5 years before an individual carrier would touch him. Most carriers I work with will decline if a client has EVER been diabetic.

john_petrowski said:
The diabetes would kill him. If you lost weight and therefore came off the HBP meds it would be at least one full year. However, even if the doctor said he wasn't diabetic you'd be looking at least 5 years before an individual carrier would touch him. Most carriers I work with will decline if a client has EVER been diabetic.

Are you sure about that John? Unicare Ind underwiting guide said that they would rate up +20% As long as controlled by diet for 12 months. As long as they are non smoker and are in the weight requirments. Also even insulin dependent diabetics can qualify for a waiver!

Have this guy lose weight, get off the HPB meds, doctor says the diabetes is gone after just one year and submit him. Insurance companies look at stuff that happened 12 months ago like it happened yesterday. Golden Rule wanted to rider a broken wrist that was fully recovered 2 years ago. Assurant rated one of my clients for depression and she's been fully off med for over 18 months. Past problems = future liablity.

Back