Where to get appointed...

john_petrowski said:
Take your pick: Assurant, Golden Rule, Unicare, Humana, World, Contential General, American Republic, Blue Cross, Aetna. That should keep you busy.

I can't recommend Continental General. Central Reserve really made that a poor company after they bought them from Western Southern.

I think he refers to the California state only?

for California Resident We offer : Blue Cross of California , Blue Shield of California , Health Net, PacifiCare, Kaiser ,Nationwide Health Plans and Time Insurance which is not competitive and I never sold any policy in California.

Lebezha said:
Blue Cross - 5+
Great organization, great choice.

I'm rather new to this but I find that Blue Shield has better agent support and slighly better rates on more popular products. Blue Cross has too many products most of which are pretty much the same.

Hard as hell to get anyone to answer the phone in their agent support center at BC while BS picks right up!

BC became a private company (Wellpoint) and BS is still not-for-profit (but they make plenty of money so I'm told.)

I think Calif is the ONLY state where they compete with each other.. and there is no love lost beween them.

Both pay about the same commissions, 20%. I have BC for my own insurnace (for 20 years) and their customer service is excellent.... and they have a HUGE PPO group, unlike Aetna who has almost nobody in my area. BS also has huge PPO. I wonder if they use the same network?

From a customer point of view I don't there there is a bad choice either way... BC/BS. It all depends on the product. For example, BS does not have a MA plan in the Sacramento area (from what I can find) but BC does.

Al

Back