Which Company Is Better?

I hate to admit it...but I was there 5 1/2 years. Multiple reasons...got sick one semester, major and minor, and just constantly dropping down to 12-14 hours so I could write my two-bit sports column.

And I just remembered...wasn't one of those guys from my hometown of Harrisburg? A "legend"...or maybe that was his Dad.

Less drinking could have solved that problem. :)

Both are good companies, you really couldn't go wrong with either. What should be the indicator for you is the office that you will work out of. Both companies are large, maybe too large as sometimes a sales manager can be less than ethical and fly under the radar for years. Sometimes production is the only thing that matters.. until the regulators come in and audit the office.

In the decade I worked with nyl, I associated with some quality individuals. At the same time I also associated with some agents and managers who lacked any redeeming qualities and were only concerned about commission now. The lawsuits came later. The sales manager hustled out of the office in less than 5 minutes...

Look around both places, listen to what is being said around you. Watch how everybody interacts. Look for new agents, ask them in private how it is going.. do they feel they are getting the training they need? the support?

It really comes down to what you can do. You can be successful in either place with good quality products.

To Terminator: whoa big fella, I used to drink the kool aid too. Understand this industry needs hundreds of good to great companies. NYL and Met are part of that mix. God help us if they are the only two. And becareful who you knock in this business, you could be selling them later....

I'd love to see you back that up.

My comment was a general comment.

Your comment ("NLY kills MET life in life and financial products.") is the one that should be backed up.

Be specific. Evaluate each of their portfolios and provide data for different scenarios. Examine both life and financial products. Evaluate their General Agencies. Look at all of the policies...not just one or two.

If you can prove your statement, you'll make a mint in sponsorship fees.

Less drinking could have solved that problem. :)

The scary thing is that I don't drink. I tried a sip of beer once and didn't like it. Never tried it again. At weddings etc...I'll have a sip of wine for the toast, but that's about it.

Oh yea...I had a Strawberry Daiquiri once. It was good. Ever since then, if i get them, I get it without the alcohol. Not for religious reasons. I figure....as goofy as I am now, if I ever got drunk, I don't know what I would do. Probably start selling PPL or something like that.

Back