Which Election Period for this case?

ser93boy

Expert
I just received a call from a referral who just won a disability case and was awarded Medicare A and B. The effective date was retroactive back to January 1 of this yea, and she just received the news today.

She wants to take a MAPD plan, but I don’t know of any valid election period to use. Will Medicare make an exception for her to enroll? If they do will I be able to do the enrollment or will Medicare have to do it?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I'm guessing if she called and made a complaint to Medicare they would probably enroll her, Since it was not her fault Unless She knew beforehand

However, the agent would be out of luck

I just received a call from a referral who just won a disability case and was awarded Medicare A and B. The effective date was retroactive back to January 1 of this yea, and she just received the news today.

She wants to take a MAPD plan, but I don’t know of any valid election period to use. Will Medicare make an exception for her to enroll? If they do will I be able to do the enrollment or will Medicare have to do it?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
There is an SEP for those who get retroactive enrollment into Medicare. Starts date of notification of eligibility and lasts two months.

I just wanted to update you all that I used the SEP for retroactive enrollment into Medicare. I was not asked for any other supporting documents and the client was enrolled for 5/1. Thank you.

Back