Which Insurance Companies Do I Belong To?

poken1151

Hello All,

Is there a way to check which health insurance companies are reporting me as a member or user? I want to clean house, and it seems these companies can check who is reporting me as a member but there's no way for me to check myself and sort myself out (short of calling and pleading I've no idea who, so give me what info you have).

I'm coming from some confusion of being on my mother's health insurance, my step father's that was canceled, yet still reporting me, and one I signed up for when looking for hair care at 19. I just want to see what they see so I can sort it all out and make the contacts I need to to cancel/update and report correctly.

This also comes from my current insurer providing a cryptic message that they *may* have info I *may* belong to another company, and just want to double check, well I want to too.

Pretty simple. If you (or someone else) aren't paying a premium then you are not a "member".

Pretty simple. If you (or someone else) aren't paying a premium then you are not a "member".

Haha, yes, that would work. However I'm asking if there is a singular source one could check for reporting. I'm not paying any premiums, but I'm coming from under my parents, who I have no contact with at the moment. I was wondering if there was a central place to check if I don't know myself. As it is, I'm paying one for myself, but I've had issues in the past.

There is no central place that keeps track of who insures you. Well, perhaps the NSA keeps track of that - who knows?

The issue you are having is called "coordination of benefits". You said you have purchased an insurance plan on your own, but might still be insured under your parents' plan. The insurance company that you have thinks another insurance company is also responsible to pay part of your bills. I think it's time to call your parents.

I agree with Ann. Maybe it's time you talk to momma and daddy. If you don't want to do that, maybe run a MIB on yourself. That will/should tell you all you want to know.

You do not say how old you are. If you are older than age 26 you cannot be on your parent's coverage is my understanding.

Back