Which is better. Factoring in inflation or cash in hand?

True, but the idea is not to give up too early in the conversation.

I guess the trick is defining 'too early'.
If it is a mild smoke screen, then sure I will rebuttal some. If it is their hard and fast, I again will rebuttal but more to verify if that is their argument. I am past the point that I am going to wrestle people to convince them they want insurance.

I want to talk to people that want insurance or at least information.

If the concern is 150k is not enough, buy 500k
What does a 20 year term policy cost?
Of course you don't know the age of the person but if someone is worried about inflation 30 years from now, you can make the assumption that he is relatively young.
I don't know how long you will live or what inflation will be but if you need 150k today we can take care of that right now.
That is about as far as I would go.
That should close the conversation one way or another.
It is important to know a good prospect and when to walk away from a bad one

Agree to a point but someone who thinks 10 cents is going to be worth 1 cent in their insurable lifetime is not someone that I want to have a financial discussion with.

To be fair, they aren't wrong.

That being said, I have life insurance in case I die tomorrow, not in case I die 20 years from now.

To be fair, they aren't wrong.

That being said, I have life insurance in case I die tomorrow, not in case I die 20 years from now.

Unfortunately, there's no if.. there's only when... because it's already happened. From 1913 to now (it's more now, but still) the dollar has lost 94% of its purchasing power. Adding 40% of all money in circulation in 2 years doesn't inspire any additional confidence.

I also look at assets as a hedge against something else.

Life insurance is a hedge against if I die.
Bitcoin is a hedge against the USD and metals.
Metals are a hedge against Bitcoin and USD.

We definitely are expanding our supply of food and moving to a more sustainable lifestyle

$150,000? That aside, while I don't know the details and specifics, and I don't find myself in that specific situation, IMHO, if the prospect says it as a concern, question, etc., that's one thing. Speak to it. It's a valid point. Handle it. However, if he states it as a reason to not buy the coverage, and he's digging in on it, then you do not have a prospect. Thanks.

Back