Which Online Pre-Licensing Course?

UPDATE

Well, I'm licensed to sell P&C insurance in MD now.

About the online Pre-Licensing class I chose:
I went with Sandi Kruise, I think they're affiliated with WebCE/prelicense.com. The specific package I chose cost 70 dollars, I was going to purchase index cards but decided against it. The course material was laid out OK, about halfway through the course I had a better understanding of the layout and was able to take better notes. Sometimes I had to read things over and over again for it to register. They could have dumbed-it-down a bit for me, LOL.

In total, I spent over 40 hours studying, I read diligently and took notes throughout the course. There is a 4 question mini quiz at the end of each section, my average score for each quiz was 80%. There was also an exam tutor, which was a great feature. It allowed me to take longer practice test and allowed me to choose specific areas of insurance to be quizzed on.

Customer service was good, the guy called me almost everyday, however I never spoke to him since he called during work hours and I was unavailable to talk. He never answered my return calls but was very responsive through e-mail. Which was great. Also, I missed about 3 weeks of study due to a family health emergency. By the time I came back to studying, I had less then a week left before the course expired. I sent Cavin (the CSA for the course) an email explaining my situation and he extended the course for 30 days free of charge. That was huge. Cavin, if you're reading this, thanks so much.

Other things I did to study:
In addition to the sandi kruise course, I found a few youtube videos that helped explain some things. I also read internet articles and exhausted all of the pre-test the course offered the day before testing.

The test:
The actual test was laid out similar to the mastery exam and exam tutor feature of the course I took. If I wasn't 100% sure of the answer, I skipped it. This helped as some of the answers lied within other test questions. After answering all questions, I went back and reviewed all answers one last time. By the time I was done, there was 5 minutes left. I passed both sections with scores of 77&78 percent.

Final thoughts:
I'm sure class room training or video training would have been faster and easier to learn. But for 70 dollars, I'm happy with the way things went and would do it again. I guess any pre-licensing course is what you make of it. Now that I'm licensed, I'm excited to start hunting for a job in the industry.

Thanks,
Dan

Back