Who are the major players this year?

What plan seems to be best overall in MI?

Thanks all.

I like Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan for MA plans. Their best plan has 0 deductible 0 Co-insurance and 0 Co-Pays (They even cover generics during the "doughnut hole"). I'm certified with Humana too, but their plans don't come even close with the hospital admission co-pays and MOOP figured in. If your clients don't mind HMOs, Blue Care Network has some really great plans and very low premiums. The premiums for all the plans vary considerably from county to county.

Last edited:
We just released Chesapeake Life's new Med Advantage about 2 hrs ago. They are marketing as Health Markets Care Assured.

Well the timeline is definitely upon us.....my suggestion is to get a couple contracts lined up and get ready for pounding the phones/doors if you're doing seminars,

I think next Monday you may see the new players on the CMS site for your particular counties. I would say, stick with at least one big name. There is a lot to be said for name recognition. Just remember, when Nov and December hit, whoever signed up can also change in the 3 months of the new year. Like to like. By then, some carriers will have a feedback of production numbers, and may up the ante more if they need to make their numbers.

My concern is getting paid timely too. Last season some of these co's took their sweet time...like months....and some agents just got screwed.
I have called Coventry several times on getting paid recently on a Drug plan...it's been a month already. Nobody knows anything. And the pox on Pyramid. They still haven't called me back to explain "constant care". Is sending out a health newsletter "constant care"? Or a nurses hotline is considered that too? constant care? Hyperbole....

Some of these companies that give leads....it's not like being captive where they really set you up with 7-10 leads per day. You will get the stray leads....spread around the 100 or so agents in that area. So you may get 2 or 3../week .but if you can generate some on your own, that's a help . The key here is to call them right away. (more on this later)

Yeah I heard Humana will have a zero premium plan....and dental benefits will pay for a filling? I haven't seen the new one yet....Pyramid is to offer the Silver Sneakers benefit, and I wonder if the Any, Any plan will refund the Part B since they are coming back.

Now on the SNP plans...care Improvement said they cover tier 5 drugs for their clients. Part of their enhanced benefits. First time I heard this. Can anyone clarify this? Are others doing the same?

I can provide Today's Options MA for agents licensed and certified to sell in all 50 states. I only have MAPD for TN, MO, LA,IA, and NE. I can also provide interested agents/brokers with a no cost Pharmacy lead program in the PD states. Work in up to 5 Pharmacies 3 hours a day. Its good apy for 15 hours a week. If your re-certified, licensed, and interested; drop me an email and I will get back to you.
BD

art.jpg

Yeah I heard Humana will have a zero premium plan....and dental benefits will pay for a filling? I haven't seen the new one yet....Pyramid is to offer the Silver Sneakers benefit, and I wonder if the Any, Any plan will refund the Part B since they are coming back.

Now on the SNP plans...care Improvement said they cover tier 5 drugs for their clients. Part of their enhanced benefits. First time I heard this. Can anyone clarify this? Are others doing the same?

Humana is going to depend on where it is. Up until now their PFFS plan benefits have basically been the same nationwide, but the HMO benefits are going to vary from market to market.

Back