Who here works or has worked with JD Mellberg in the last year?

Mar 15, 2019

1. J2727

J2727 Expert

Why did they want the power of attorney?

What do they care if you also do Medicare, etc.?

Or do they just want you to move all your appointments under them so they get an override on all business other than annuities, in addition to the annuity split?

J2727, May 11, 2019
  2. Montana Insurance Kingpin

Montana Insurance Kingpin New Member

The "punk" that was assigned to me as a recruiting associate admitted that was the only way to assure that their leads and presets and your own self generated business ( still a haircut) are written within the Melberg hierarchy. My question exactly was "Why do you care about my Medicare biz?". If they were honest at the onset I would not have gone. Most of the attendees had no idea what they were signing when they were called in and told that they had "made the cut!" and were ready to move onto to the next step. It could be a good gig, but the pathetically insecure Melberg effs it up. Finally, their presets are not as screened as you would think and you are still charged if they do not qualilfy ( Their words).

3. pfg1

pfg1 Guru

State:
    Virginia
    Agree, that is crap OR they should at least give you all the info up front.

Edward Jones does a similar thing... to work with them you have to terminate ALL other contracts, even if you have substantial trails. Not assign to them and they pay you... just terminate your existing business and forfeit all your existing commissions going forward. Which is likely why almost every EJ rep comes in green.

pfg1, May 12, 2019
  4. CALTCAgent

CALTCAgent Guru

State:
    California
    Another Red flag is paying for your training. Let me choose my own hotel room and food. I could save a few bucks. I can't see why you need to be face to face to get training these days as well. Use technology, webinars, etc. to learn how to work their leads their way or whatever it is they train on.

Most companies that provide leads require all the contracts and it creates a dilemma for experienced agents. Give up what you have done already to join.

Maybe they give full street level on outside business ?

5. Dan C

Dan C New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Im curious about the $6000-$8000??? I was also told there is no lead cost just a split???

Dan C, May 13, 2019