Who Is the best people to contract with

what are you saying, What just because its an emotional sale and you connect emotional, we should not care to understand the product?

your not making any sense

Does not matter I know what I need to know, and will not be without what I need when I start

not sure why you guys are getting all in a bunch about questions
I've not really sold FE before, nor did I spend the time and effort to learn it before
I am doing that now, Because I am going to be doing it 100%

So what what's the big deal man
JD's looking at it from a full time FE salesman's view. You'll probably eventually cross sell FE. 2 different mindsets.

what are you saying, What just because its an emotional sale and you connect emotional, we should not care to understand the product?

your not making any sense

Does not matter I know what I need to know, and will not be without what I need when I start

not sure why you guys are getting all in a bunch about questions
I've not really sold FE before, nor did I spend the time and effort to learn it before
I am doing that now, Because I am going to be doing it 100%

So what what's the big deal man
Doesn’t bother me at all.

It’s not an emotional sale either. Not for me anyway.

That’s desk jockey talk.

I’m not making sense when you are over analyzing everything?

You can you can sell.

You think you know.

It’s not that difficult to get in. Contract with one company that does telemarketing, but some cheap internet leads and go to work.

If you can sell you will be covered up with offers.

If you can’t you’re out the cost of the leads.

Remember this word . CONTESTABILITY . Read up and understand that . Many many times seniors have health issues .Yes many CO’s will issue the policys . But when that claim time comes in that first 2 yrs they’ll underwrite the hell out of it . Any from significant experience with claims in the first 2 yrs 20-50% of these claims will be rejected in the contestable period . Thats why to replace a policy 2-4 yrs old with little to no cash value to save then $2-$8 a month is risky . There plan will pay the claim fast . Your plan will be contested and a decision will usually take 1-3 months .
Not my experience at all. And I'm not talking about the Ky law one. My whole time with EFES and over $1 mil production while them was almost all in Indiana.

Well over 90% of my true contestable claims have been paid. I do agree the industry average is well under that. One company executive told me a few years ago that the industry average is 40% paid. Now, he's talking the AARP, Globe, CP, etc too in that industry.

I never concern myself with contestability. They either qualify or they don't. If they don't qualify I move on. I've written in the neighborhood of 7000 life application. Not all issued, of course, and have had many death claims over 20+ years. Never once have had a family come after me over a non paid claim.

I'm not going to work scared. I also agree that companies should do a better job of underwriting on the front end. But they want the business too.

Remember this word . CONTESTABILITY . Read up and understand that . Many many times seniors have health issues .Yes many CO’s will issue the policys . But when that claim time comes in that first 2 yrs they’ll underwrite the hell out of it . Any from significant experience with claims in the first 2 yrs 20-50% of these claims will be rejected in the contestable period . Thats why to replace a policy 2-4 yrs old with little to no cash value to save then $2-$8 a month is risky . There plan will pay the claim fast . Your plan will be contested and a decision will usually take 1-3 months .

I agree with that which is why I am trying to pick into this

how long does someone have a policy before it has some real cash value is what I am trying to see

based on this conversation I am guessing if its not 5 years old let it be

Where I get confused is with the replacements

I mean when is it ethical or not?

If someone has a policy for $40 for several years and you can replace it for equil coverage for the same money

is the a good deal because they get cash value back?
if so how do I calculate how much?

Underwriting last I tried some 6 or so years ago I had a new person one day in NC and other day in IL each with health conditions there were different companies with dif underwriting in different states

it did not seem as uniform as med supp constant underwriting in different states with a few but not crazy carrier differences other than pricing
The answer is pretty obvious. Look at the case as if you were the customer, not the sales agent. If you would do the replacement as the customer then it makes sense.
But you also have to explain it to the customer and see if it makes sense to them.

JD's looking at it from a full time FE salesman's view. You'll probably eventually cross sell FE. 2 different mindsets.

Actually I am hoping to get my inbound local mailers to work better and stop buying medicare leads with low contact rates

and spend a lot of my call time doing and building an FE buis for now

while I figure out the Facebook stuff next year and add some ACA and Medicare that way a little at a time

I am looking to do FE as earned and build a residual above 10 K or more,
Looking at the program at Digital I would not mind investing 70% of my day to those leads outside of AEP

The answer is pretty obvious. Look at the case as if you were the customer, not the sales agent. If you would do the replacement as the customer then it makes sense.
But you also have to explain it to the customer and see if it makes sense to them.

That's the point, I would not replace a policy with little cash value to save $5

But if the health is decent and the person can get 1K in cash back and not cost them much more might make sense

But if the same person is in poor health then NO I would not do that

What I was hoping to learn was how to know these things

But I am now understanding it is tough to know there is no hard fast rules and I might pick up on it in some time but in the beginning I will not mess with it

Actually I am hoping to get my inbound local mailers to work better and stop buying medicare leads with low contact rates

and spend a lot of my call time doing and building an FE buis for now

while I figure out the Facebook stuff next year and add some ACA and Medicare that way a little at a time

I am looking to do FE as earned and build a residual above 10 K or more,
Looking at the program at Digital I would not mind investing 70% of my day to those leads outside of AEP
How are you going to generate inbound Medicare leads? T65?

Back