Who To Believe

perfectchoice said:
I believe this is what you are looking for...

I agree with James that you should sell yourself rather than the plans if you call and then you are okay. However, James, your script is borderline deceptive and I doubt CMS would approve you saying "We basically do nothing more then gather some information to see if you are on the best medicare approved health plan for you".

By the way, you can not telemarket any list whether DNC scrubbed or not.

I have spent my life on the borderline! No I use only scrub list but not scrub to TN list though, I can't imagine someone being on a State list and yet not on the main DNC national list. Yet I could get burnt but I doubt it and I guess I'm just a renegade?

Kyle gave me the answer I was looking for. Somarco, all the MA companies are telling me the same thing, because they don't want to get in trouble with CMS; and that is - purchase a list that is scrubbed against the DNC list, and the DNCA list, or to get leads from someone, have them call to let the person know you are calling, or to do a seminar and write down the person's name and number, then call for the appointment.

All it's going to take is one person asking, "Where did you get my number. I'm on the Do Not Call List", and you are sunk.

The leads that were purchased through the company that is training me will be coming in on Monday. It is okay to ask for referrals while you are sitting down with the Medicare recipient - as long as they call the referral ahead of time, and tell them you are going to call.

I am also contacting Centers of Influence, doing a seminar for them, then asking for referrals from them. That is legal, and won't get me in trouble. Got that idea from a lady in Florida, who worked with Medicare Advantage Plans down there last year.

So, thank you, Kyle for being the active listener.

midwestbroker said:
So if I am reading the download correctly, you cannot call someone for an enrollent, but you can set an appointment?

That has been my understanding all along. Now Advantra has the telephone automated enrollment but you have to be physically with the senior while they call too enroll.

There are a lot of grey areas for sure in that legistlation. For example, they define telemarketing as being performed by a "telemarketer", well, I am not a telemarketer but an insurance agent. But, then again, they could say that while you are placing sales calls you are putting on the role of a telemarketer, therefore, you are a telemarketer while calling.
I just use it as an excuse NOT to telemarket since I hate it anyway, haha!

I looked at the MA opportunities last year and decided to pass, despite the fact I had folks calling, saying I could earn $3k/week minimum (and upwards of $5k) by sitting in a room while prospects come to me.

I also looked at the guidelines while attending certification classes for 3 different vendors. The $300/app for guarantee issue, no premium or $25 premium plans did seem appealing.

But then I looked at what CMS can do to you and decided I am much too pretty to spend a few years in a cell with Bubba for simply asking for a check.

Good luck to anyone who works that market.

Well, no one guaranteed me $3k/mo. What enticed me was the product itself, the fact that the leads become mine to sell LTC or Annuities come April 1, and the fact that it's a fairly new product, here in Atlanta. Just like LTC, HSA's, etc. I like learning about new ways to help people take control of their healthcare dollars.

That sounds very hokey, but that is why I'm in this business. I see myself as nothing more than a conduit. Knowledge is power, and if I could give someone a modicom of power against the insurance company, then I've helped them become that much more self-sufficient. It also makes it easier for me, at the yearly review, to suggest other plans, or staying where they are.

My clients don't want to be experts in insurance, but they don't want to feel stupid and powerless either.

If this doesn't work out for me, so be it. I didn't purchase the list, someone else did. I didn't sign anything that stated I owe them money for the leads, if it doesn't work out.

Bob_The_Insurance_Guy said:
Well, no one guaranteed me $3k/mo. What enticed me was the product itself, the fact that the leads become mine to sell LTC or Annuities come April 1, and the fact that it's a fairly new product, here in Atlanta. Just like LTC, HSA's, etc. I like learning about new ways to help people take control of their healthcare dollars.

That sounds very hokey, but that is why I'm in this business. I see myself as nothing more than a conduit. Knowledge is power, and if I could give someone a modicom of power against the insurance company, then I've helped them become that much more self-sufficient. It also makes it easier for me, at the yearly review, to suggest other plans, or staying where they are.

My clients don't want to be experts in insurance, but they don't want to feel stupid and powerless either.

If this doesn't work out for me, so be it. I didn't purchase the list, someone else did. I didn't sign anything that stated I owe them money for the leads, if it doesn't work out.

You are exactly right. I only wish open enrollment was more than 6 weeks (really 5 considering we have two holidays in the open enrollment season). Cross selling is a benefit. Last year, I helped about 50 people enroll in MA or Part D plans. That's not that many. But out of that came about $500k in investment dollars. Well worth my time. I look at Part D as a loss leader. I will assist someone who only wants Part D knowing that eventually I'll come across the person that needs assistance in other areas as well.

What plan(s) are you seeing rise to the top in the Atlanta area?

Back