Who to trust on RX comparisons

billyb

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
I have had numerous Rx comparisons where Medicare.gov and MyHealthPlan don't come close to matching. Just ran one where Medicare.gov that says Wellcare Value Script is the best choice at $3780 annually for plan and drug cost and then MyHealthPlan says $9318 total for the same plan. I don't want to give my supplement clients bad advice but what else can be done?

I have had numerous Rx comparisons where Medicare.gov and MyHealthPlan don't come close to matching. Just ran one where Medicare.gov that says Wellcare Value Script is the best choice at $3780 annually for plan and drug cost and then MyHealthPlan says $9318 total for the same plan. I don't want to give my supplement clients bad advice but what else can be done?
Check it on Search & Save. They update their data every week.

I would use the carrier website with a discrepancy that high

Use tools for Tier Levels. My preferred is Search & Save. Use it for Tiers and for a "ballpark" estimate for a plan or two to dig into.

Use Summary of Benefits - for cost-sharing.

Eschew estimates - they're crap.

Use tools for Tier Levels. My preferred is Search & Save. Use it for Tiers and for a "ballpark" estimate for a plan or two to dig into.

Use Summary of Benefits - for cost-sharing.

Eschew estimates - they're crap.

I have an excel file saved on my desktop with the NC PDP plans w/ the initial coverage tables - i.e. a simple chart for each plan: tier 1 = $0; Tier 2 = $5; Tier 3 = $44; Tier 4 = 47% etc..... it helps for a quick glance. I also have notes on how each PDP handles the deductible (i.e. all tiers, tiers 3-5 only, Tiers 2-6 only, etc.)

Is Search and Save a subscription? How do I find it?
Yes, $25 a month. They have a 30 day free trial.

Search & Save is both agent built and agent serviced. There is an incredible user experience that awaits you when you begin using our system to quote and enroll your Medicare business.
YOU OWN YOUR DATA & THE USE OF IT NOT YOUR FMO OR A THIRD PARTY VENDOR!
  1. You can QUOTE Medicare Advantage & Med Supp plans coast to coast regardless of contracting
  2. No hierarchy change or recruiting BS
  3. Provider Search Engine connected to the carriers
  4. Accurate Rx look up and client list saving
  5. A CRM that is INTEGRATED with the quoting system at NO ADDITIONAL COST
  6. Integrated PURL (personal URL) technology automates the gathering or updating of client data and enters it in the CRM and quotes the plans.
  7. Telephonic audio recording & storage included with subscription
How to start your FREE trial:
  1. Go to https://searchandsave.org
  2. Click on any of the social media buttons (LinkedIn, Google, Facebook) to log in and begin use. NO CREDIT CARD NEEDED!
  3. Watch the tutorial videos on https://mmqsearchandsave.com
Questions? Call 800-283-0040 ext 121

Back