Who to trust on RX comparisons

Thanks so much. Not sure it is worth $25 monthly when I only write 5 to 10 supplements a month. The trial will get me through AEP.

Thanks so much. Not sure it is worth $25 monthly when I only write 5 to 10 supplements a month. The trial will get me through AEP.

Heck, its accuracy (read: time-savings) is worth $25/mo year-round just for the 7 weeks of AEP. I've moved most of my Medicare contracts to Spark so I don't need S&S like I used to but it's still a great backup.

Not sure it is worth $25 monthly when I only write 5 to 10 supplements a month.

That's in the range of what I write and I use S&S. It is more accurate than anything else out there IMO. If you can figure out how to navigate the carrier site you still don't know if their data is accurate/current. Mcare.guv get's their data from carriers but they only update 3x per year or so.

What you see on Mcare.guv or carrier site today will be different by mid-December when formularies are updated for the first quarter.

You probably piss away $300 per year on things that don't deliver any value to your clients or help you attract new clients.

My clients look to me for advice, and especially help on PDP coverage. When Mcare.guv went south and then would not allow agents to save Rx data I was adrift until S&S came along.

There aren't any perfect systems but S&S is very agent friendly.

I also use CSG quote engine, another $300 yearly investment that is well worth every penny to me. For $600/yr I look like an expert to clients because I give them things they don't get elsewhere . . .

Yeah. What is Spark?

https://www.sparkadvisors.com/

Not to go all fanboy on this but these guys are next level over any other outfit I've dealt with through the years. All processes are tech-integrated (SOA signing is like 2 clicks, for example), they send out birthday cards and AEP cards/emails, they run Rx comparisons and send me the results (not that I trust anyone's work but my own), they co-op all of my various marketing ventures (not sure if that's available to everyone), and they will handle any service work I throw at them.

Here's a recent case involving a ridiculous UHC eff-up:

My ticket to Spark-

UHC has it in their system that member is on the Patriot plan. Attached files show that the application was for the Walgreens Plan 1 PPO, effective 7/1/2022. I've also attached a copy of the member's UHC card showing the Walgreens Plan 1 PPO.

I have attempted to fix this with UHC to no avail. One of their suggestions was to simply rewrite the member during AEP, however this would result in a Part D LEP since the Patriot plan has no Rx coverage and the member has no other creditable drug coverage. This would be a ridiculous 'fix' anyway as it is clear that UHC has dropped the ball in some manner.

I would very much appreciate if one of my Spark heroes can reach some type of resolution with this and get the member made whole. Let me know if you need ANY add'l information.

The response I get from a Spark rep--

Spark (Alejandro D) Mon, Oct 17, 2:56 p.m.

Called UnitedHealthcare, 877-370-2843, Ebony advised that the member is currently enrolled in the AARP Medicare Advantage Patriot Plan. Ebony advised that for the Walgreens Plan 1, the effective date and termination date listed on the policy is 07/01/2022. Their system reflect the Walgreens Plan 1 as never effective.

Ebony transferred me to Jacqueline advised that under Medicare, the Walgreens Plan 1 is what is active with Marx and I would have to speak with Customer Service to fix the information within UHC's system.

Jacqueline transferred me to customer service, Nicole advised that she has no way of updating the member's information to reflect the Walgreens plan. Nicole initiated a conference call with the enrollment department. While on the conference call with the enrollment department, the call disconnected.

Called UnitedHealthCare again, 877-370-2843, however I received a busy dial tone and the line disconnected.

Spark (Alejandro D) Mon, Oct 17, 4:05 p.m.

Called UnitedHealthcare, 877-370-2843, Cassie from customer service transferred me to the tier 3 department, Lisa advised I would have to contact the producer services department: 888-848-3375.

Called producer services, 888-848-3375, however, it was an IT help desk phone number.

Called UnitedHealthcare again, 877-370-2843, Harley advised that the request to have the plan changed to the AARP Medicare Advantage Walgreens Plan 1 has been submitted and is in process. The update will be retroactive as of 07/01/2022 and no changes to the broker of record will be made. The update will be reflected in UHC's system within 48-72 hours. Call reference number: S-571155997

Next steps

Hi Bill, I contacted UnitedHealthcare and was able to confirm that the member's plan will be retroactively updated to reflect the United Healthcare AARP Medicare Advantage Walgreens Plan 1 as of 07/01/2022, with no changes to the broker on record. The update will be reflected in UHC's system within 48-72 hours. They provided me with the following case reference number: S-5711XXXX. Let me know if I can be of any further assistance. Thank you, Alejandro

Those are hours I never wasted and brain cells I never felt withering away. It's like having an entire back office on retainer and yes, I am a proud and thrilled fanboy.

Back