Why are there 4 parts to medicare, not 5?

This is not true. You are deliberately adding a piece of incorrect information to the horrific quantity of information flowing to Medicare beneficiaries about Medicare insurance.
CMS has referred to supplements as part E on occasion but that's about it.

The much scarier problem is that there is an ongoing discussion among some of the talking heads about creating a part E. It will include what's now a medicare supplement and a PDP.

[EXTERNAL LINK] - Medicare Part E - PNHP

Why is it Medicare Advantage can solicit on TV saying people can talk to a licensed agent but a licensed agent can't door knock or just walk around with a phone number on their back?
Because you and I are considered expendable to both CMS and the carriers.

Same reason we have 48 hr SOAs and first minute recordings.

People complain about the call centers. CMS takes it out on us. We can't win this battle.

Caveat, I am not an insurance agent.

I don't think this is quite true. There must be a little better way to express what is going on here.

Since a Medicare Beneficiary has to have both Medicare Parts A and B in force, and continue to pay any required premiums to keep Parts A and B in force in order to obtain a Medicare Advantage insurance product; I don't think it is right to say that Medicare Advantage replaces your government Medicare coverage. In discussions on site about this over the years, a FL agent has consistently maintained that Medicare Advantage is a part of Medicare, not a replacement of it.
It is taking you off of the government (Medicare) paying your doctors and hospitals and instead the government (Medicare) will pay the majority of your premium to a private (for profit) insurance company to insure you.
Some people believe in a single payer (like Medicare) healthcare system. Others believe in a free market (like Medicare Advantage) healthcare system. You have your choice of either.

Latest posts

Back