Why did Humana boot Tyler Reese CEO of Ifg?

Fire

Super Genius
I’m thinking because Humana miscalculated this aep disastrously. Humana cut benefits and raised hospital days big on many plans in many states . Agents have been writing it heavy for yrs . This Aetna, Cigna , devoted and others increased benefits . Humana left the rear exposed . Agents must move some books or be flipped . Ifg agents got huge soft dollars to sell Humana . But instead are selling other carriers and flipping Humana clients . Nobody will ever know the truth .

I’m thinking because Humana miscalculated this aep disastrously. Humana cut benefits and raised hospital days big on many plans in many states . Agents have been writing it heavy for yrs . This Aetna, Cigna , devoted and others increased benefits . Humana left the rear exposed . Agents must move some books or be flipped . Ifg agents got huge soft dollars to sell Humana . But instead are selling other carriers and flipping Humana clients . Nobody will ever know the truth .

I know nothing about why. Would not assume anything - it's not right to do so unless factual.

Re Humana, though, I agree they dropped the ball this AEP.

My job? Moving my Humana clients from the "old" plan to the "new" plan. All over the place. Very annoying. Huge waste of time. And if something else looks as good or better I have no hesitation to flip them to a new carrier, get a HRA, and give them the message to keep plans stable rather than increasing OOP max by $1,600 only to introduce a new plan that looked just like the old one, just out of greed hoping old clients won't notice.

Never have I re-written so many MAPDs. It's been a frustrating AEP.

I know nothing about why. Would not assume anything - it's not right to do so unless factual.

My job? Moving my Humana clients from the "old" plan to the "new" plan. All over the place. Very annoying. Huge waste of time. And if something else looks as good or better I have no hesitation to flip them to a new carrier, get a HRA, and give them the message to keep plans stable rather than increasing OOP max by $1,600 only to introduce a new plan that looked just like the old one, just out of greed hoping old clients won't notice.

I moved only about 10% of my total book . I decided I’d call my clients and if happy leave them alone . I put my head down and am writing as many new as possible . If a client is moved I’ll circle back to them . Cancel the pending app and rewrite them them the same plan the month after if they want .Humana Hung the agents out to dry this aep . I can’t physically move even 30% of my book. I got to many clients . As far as Ifg and Tyler goes .I’m running into to tons of ifg down lines sending out lieing uncompliant post cards to generate call ins . I knew something was up when Ifg didn’t post 1st week Aep #’s to brag .

If a client is moved I’ll circle back to them . Cancel the pending app and rewrite them them the same plan the month after if they want

I’m pretty sure this is non-compliant, right? We cant contact members who are disenrolling because they are disenrolling.

Honestly, if another agent wrote them into a “better” plan and the member decided to go with that agent they should be compensated.

I’m pretty sure this is non-compliant, right? We cant contact members who are disenrolling because they are disenrolling.

Honestly, if another agent wrote them into a “better” plan and the member decided to go with that agent they should be compensated.

Yes it is but Humana fully encourages agents to check the future disenrollments and save them . Are the 1000’s of call centers not lieing left and right tricking people noncompliant ? And cms gave them free pass with no 48 hr scope. I’ll fight fire with fire.I’ll always call my future terms and see what happened . 70% have no idea they were moved .

Yep, that's a bunch of shitola. Keeping me ever busy. Can't catch my breath. I will say though it was an opportune time to capitalize off of it. Bunch of new ones came about by setting up clients I couldn't write last year into clumps of appts in groups with the ones I was flipping.

man that's an awful lot of assumptions..

They did new plans in our area last year with DSNP. I don't have a huge DSNP book, but I lost a few because they couldn't be reached (changed phone numbers, moved, etc...things DSNPs do). This year, they didn't introduce new plans in our area, but talked about marketing dollars and there were several agents I know who were supposed to get something and didn't. Honestly, they haven't come in as good as other plans available in my area this year, so I'm not mentioning them much to new clients. Clients already on Humana and happy, I'm not changing.

Nobody really answered your question...

Sorry I don’t have the time to source it for you. Several years ago four of the largest MA carriers where fined multi billions for upping severity ratings on claims. These multi billion dollar fines are due next year. More future MA plan design downgrades are inevitable.

Back