Why Do Employers Agree to First Meeting with You?

I agree with your first observation, and I should have been more clear. I said many would, but not all. Your comment was that all employers would agree, which I do not believe.

I am familiar with Section 105, but am not familiar with Classic 105. Can you please add some clarification please.

Actually, with the correct approach, "all" should provide an audience. With regards to specifics, I cannot post much information publically on our Classic 105 (NDA in place) but if you're interested, PM me and I can be a bit more specific.

----------

I'd love to see your opinion letter from the IRS.

I'm sure you would Skipper but you've already lost that opportunity....btw the program is monitored by the DOL.....6 years and counting.

I guess I'm just more genuinely interested in whether or not you've sought an opinion letter from the IRS. Every TPA that has approached our agency with this type of program refused to do so.

We signed a bunch of NDAs and non-competes only to have our national benefits compliance legal team review every plan and recommend against their utilization. We implemented a couple through Inspired, but then backed off. We still talk about it with our clients but recommend against implementation without intense non-discrimination testing on the front end.

If you had one, I have loads of clients that would be interested in mid-large market.

FWIW, I work hand in hand with our national EB practice leader who oversees our 170 agencies nationally for one of the 10 largest brokerages in the country.

You're welcome to PM if you'd prefer to continue the conversation offline, if not I'll assume it's the same unvetted junk we've seen thrown around the last 5-6 years.

I guess I'm just more genuinely interested in whether or not you've sought an opinion letter from the IRS. Every TPA that has approached our agency with this type of program refused to do so.

We signed a bunch of NDAs and non-competes only to have our national benefits compliance legal team review every plan and recommend against their utilization. We implemented a couple through Inspired, but then backed off. We still talk about it with our clients but recommend against implementation without intense non-discrimination testing on the front end.

If you had one, I have loads of clients that would be interested in mid-large market.

FWIW, I work hand in hand with our national EB practice leader who oversees our 170 agencies nationally for one of the 10 largest brokerages in the country.

You're welcome to PM if you'd prefer to continue the conversation offline, if not I'll assume it's the same unvetted junk we've seen thrown around the last 5-6 years.

What part of "we're not interested in a relationship with YOU"....don't you understand? ASSume what you will Skipper. ;)

Actually, with the correct approach, "all" should provide an audience. With regards to specifics, I cannot post much information publically on our Classic 105 (NDA in place) but if you're interested, PM me and I can be a bit more specific.

----------

I'm sure you would Skipper but you've already lost that opportunity....btw the program is monitored by the DOL.....6 years and counting.

I am curious about your claims about the Classic 105 and your belief that with the correct approach all employers will agree to meet. If this is true, and your Classic 105 is so good, why do you need brokers to sell it? Seems to me that if I had something so special and easy to sell I would keep it to myself

What part of "we're not interested in a relationship with YOU"....don't you understand? ASSume what you will Skipper. ;)

You are an epic troll sir. I commend you. Rest assured you are better than all of us at your job. Have fun making connections with brokers in NY, NJ and PHI. (P.S. We just placed a 105 for the NJ State employee health plan). Sadly we only generated $400k in commission.

You are an epic troll sir. I commend you. Rest assured you are better than all of us at your job. Have fun making connections with brokers in NY, NJ and PHI. (P.S. We just placed a 105 for the NJ State employee health plan). Sadly we only generated $400k in commission.

Sorry Skipperboy (the troll"boy" part sure fits :twitchy:, we already have made inroads in NY, NJ and PA. If true :nah:, ...your commission levels are downright laughable. Don't spend it all in one place. Anything else you got?

I am curious about your claims about the Classic 105 and your belief that with the correct approach all employers will agree to meet. If this is true, and your Classic 105 is so good, why do you need brokers to sell it? Seems to me that if I had something so special and easy to sell I would keep it to myself

Leevena,

The only area that's "sold" is the concept and how it is a win-win for both the employer and their employees......and it costs "neither side a dime out-of-pocket" to participate. The plan provides a self-funded reimbursement account for the employees and saves the employer a few hundred dollars each year for each employee on the plan. Hundreds of companies and thousands of employees are participating.... some over the past 6 years when the program launched. Major funding is now secured for presenting to companies with up to 4000-5000. Over 5000 is a strong possibility by the 2nd quarter of 2017. Employees (over 95%) and employers (over 70%) embrace the plan when presented. The key is to get an audience with the President, CEO and or CFO (not HR!).

Why do we need brokers and agents?

1) Only licensed brokers and agents can offer any insurance and related advice
2) In case you haven't noticed......health care costs have skyrocketed.... and everyone, if they can even afford the insurance to begin with, faces the financial dilemma "what will happen if I/family member faces an event?"

This is about helping people.....and we're able to help both sides. Stay tuned to current events after the inauguration.......you'll hear more.

Sorry to see this thread turn into a debate, but I hope that most of us have gotten some good info from it. I know that I did and I thank you all.

Back