Why Keep A VUL Whose CV is More Than The Original Coverage.

Retirement must be feasible depending on what you do. Say you're running a home improvement business building decks. So you're gonna be doing construction when you're 75? What if your health starts to fail?

We can obviously sell insurance policies and age won't even be an issue. Other people have physical jobs. They have to retire at some point.

But I do agree that the idea of retirement will have to be re-defined for my generation.

john_petrowski said:
Retirement must be feasible depending on what you do. Say you're running a home improvement business building decks. So you're gonna be doing construction when you're 75? What if your health starts to fail?

We can obviously sell insurance policies and age won't even be an issue. Other people have physical jobs. They have to retire at some point.

But I do agree that the idea of retirement will have to be re-defined for my generation.

What do they do John? Its not a mystery. For the most part they stay involved in the business at whatever compacity they can. Some do it because of necissity others its purely by choice. Most don't just walk away at some predetermined time factor such as age 65. While others just go collect SS and whatever savings they have and live happily ever after whatever that may be.

john_petrowski said:
Then you have my wife and I who God willing will have the health to travel around the world with the millions we've accumulated with our stock portfolio:-)

Obviously everyone has different ideas of what makes retirement. Personally I'm quite content on having my RV and Cameras and drive around America's National Parks and take pictures. I've lived a lot of years overseas in and out of the military, really doesn't appeal to me at this point in time. Except maybe China and the Himalayans but that is problematic depending upon the government stance any given year.

What we both agree retirement isn't is me not having enough money to travel and you not have enough to put gas in that RV. I'm not cynical enough to think social security won't be there but just social security would be living destitute. There's a lot of people reading this board getting into this field and they all have to remember that as an independent you have zero retirment. Better hop on that SEP as fast as you can. We all have to agree that you need to max out the IRA before you do anything else.

john_petrowski said:
What we both agree retirement isn't is me not having enough money to travel and you not have enough to put gas in that RV. I'm not cynical enough to think social security won't be there but just social security would be living destitute. There's a lot of people reading this board getting into this field and they all have to remember that as an independent you have zero retirment. Better hop on that SEP as fast as you can. We all have to agree that you need to max out the IRA before you do anything else.

Or develope a source of income that continues while one is traveling somewhere doing something outside of manning the store.

Back